• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Easy way to change video file type to 'Tv Show' (i made a gui for atomic parsley)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GR3G

New member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
25
Points
0
Age
36
Do you need VB to get it running? I keep getting an error about a missing file or something.
 

lebkin

New member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
170
Points
0
I get an error myself. This is what is says:

"Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch"
 

qwerty2k

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
30
Points
0
lebkin said:
I get an error myself. This is what is says:

"Run-time error '13':

Type mismatch"
that error sounds like that you are entering the wrong type of data for a field.

ie, for episode you are enterting text when you have to enter a number.
 

qwerty2k

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
30
Points
0
im working on a few new things for the next version, ive just implemented being able to edit shows that youve put into the side list, so if you add a show then move on to the enxt one but realise youve amde a mistake, you can now go back and change any rpevious one's you have entered.

im looking into doing the other thnigs which have also been suggested...
 

qwerty2k

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
30
Points
0
another quick update...ive now implemented being able to open previously done mp4 files, the program will now read in the details you did previously so you can now edit files :)
 

MattDell

New member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
3
Points
0
I get a "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" error message when I try to run iPodTvShow.exe.


-Matt
 

qwerty2k

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
30
Points
0
you will need the vb6 run time files:

you can get them from:

softwarepatch.com/windows/vbrun6.html
 

MattDell

New member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
3
Points
0
Fixed my own problem! :p

Anyone else having this problem: www . silacom-tech.com/kbuilder-m27c/index.php?page=index_v2&id=7&c=2
 

GR3G

New member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
25
Points
0
Age
36
Awesome program, I just wish you could make it so it didn't create a whole new file, or an option to just overwrite the old file.
 

qwerty2k

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
30
Points
0
well i mworking on that, but i think the option within the win32 port of atomic parsley currently has that option deleted, i may write my own function to do it so you can set a desired output folder too :)
 

anaxamander

New member
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
12
Points
0
Website
members.verizon.net
I am the author of AtomicParsley.

GR3G, no matter what, the new file will be completely rewritten. If you use iTunes to set metadata into a video file - guess what - often the same thing will happen. Set an Artist tag into a brand new video file to see what I'm talking about. At least on Mac OS X, a lovely progress bar with "writing tags" shows up (although this depends on where the mdat atom is for iTunes). AtomicParsley is more simplistic - everything will get rewritten.

If you have code that will support direct writing to the file to add metadata depending on where the 'mdat' atom is, I will of course take it & look it over, but I'm not planning on that (and may not ever). I originally started on audio files - so this big ol' penalty doesn't hit me too hard.

qwerty2k,
great job! At the bequest of another developer, the manner of output has been re-implemented. The output to a foo-temp-134 file still remains, but you can specify the name of the tempfile with --output /path now too. Additionally, the whole substandard --writeBack was scrapped in favor of --overWrite. That should do what you want in that it writes out to a variably named temp file and then deletes the original file and renames the temp file to the original. However, given that I am in an admitted beta-state, that is a decision you might want to give users to have a finer granularity of options. There are files on the fringes of the mpeg4 specificaition that the current release of AtomicParsley will ruin. They are rare (and taken care of with code that I have currently implemented, but isn't well tested), but those types of files do exist.

Unfortuately, the output-options code is currently not in the win32 branch. You can of course backport the changes from the main cvs branch into the win32 branch and submit the patches back to the windows developer (Brian Story). I believe his interest lies in feature-parity and bug fixes to my code than implementing new features currently.

That said, do you have a webpage set up for your program? Do you want me to link to it on the main sf.net webpage:

atomicparsley.sourceforge.net

and can I mirror your program as well?
 

lebkin

New member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
170
Points
0
qwerty2k said:
that error sounds like that you are entering the wrong type of data for a field.

ie, for episode you are enterting text when you have to enter a number.
Yup. This was completely a user error. I didn't know that some of the names had to be in quotes in order for the program to work.

Thanks for the great program. I look forward to any updates you can make.
 
Last edited:

lebkin

New member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
170
Points
0
ronstorous said:
When I press 'Apply', a black screen pops up that says, "'AtomicParsley.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." What is my malfunction, and how do I fix it?
I had this problem too. You have to make sure theat "AtomicParsley.exe" is in the some directory as the files you are editing.
 

qwerty2k

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
30
Points
0
anaxamander said:
I am the author of AtomicParsley.

GR3G, no matter what, the new file will be completely rewritten. If you use iTunes to set metadata into a video file - guess what - often the same thing will happen. Set an Artist tag into a brand new video file to see what I'm talking about. At least on Mac OS X, a lovely progress bar with "writing tags" shows up (although this depends on where the mdat atom is for iTunes). AtomicParsley is more simplistic - everything will get rewritten.

If you have code that will support direct writing to the file to add metadata depending on where the 'mdat' atom is, I will of course take it & look it over, but I'm not planning on that (and may not ever). I originally started on audio files - so this big ol' penalty doesn't hit me too hard.

qwerty2k,
great job! At the bequest of another developer, the manner of output has been re-implemented. The output to a foo-temp-134 file still remains, but you can specify the name of the tempfile with --output /path now too. Additionally, the whole substandard --writeBack was scrapped in favor of --overWrite. That should do what you want in that it writes out to a variably named temp file and then deletes the original file and renames the temp file to the original. However, given that I am in an admitted beta-state, that is a decision you might want to give users to have a finer granularity of options. There are files on the fringes of the mpeg4 specificaition that the current release of AtomicParsley will ruin. They are rare (and taken care of with code that I have currently implemented, but isn't well tested), but those types of files do exist.

Unfortuately, the output-options code is currently not in the win32 branch. You can of course backport the changes from the main cvs branch into the win32 branch and submit the patches back to the windows developer (Brian Story). I believe his interest lies in feature-parity and bug fixes to my code than implementing new features currently.

That said, do you have a webpage set up for your program? Do you want me to link to it on the main sf.net webpage:

atomicparsley.sourceforge.net

and can I mirror your program as well?
hey, didnt expect this lil program to get the attention of AtomicParsley's creator :D, thanks for the information on the AtomicParsley features :).

well my program is in vb, but i iwll take a look at the AtomicParsley soruce and see about backporting the features into the windows branch, but c/c++ isnt my strongest point ;) (although i do want to brush up on it :D)

feel free to mirror the program, i would be very greatful, no i currently don't have a website for the program either.

i iwll probably release a new version of the gui soon, which means you can edit existing files tags and files tags that are in the lsit to be done, it also fixes not being able to use the program on a file outside the AtomicParsley.exe directory.
 

qwerty2k

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
30
Points
0
right, updated version:

rapidshare.de/files/11875667/ipodTvShow.zip.html
 

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
1,308
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Dillwyn, VA
Website
www.thejosher.net
qwerty2k,

Any chance on maybe a slightly larger-scale setup? I.e. webpage, setup program (Inno Setup with IStool is an awesome freeware one), and pretty icon? ;)

I can give you a little webspace on my site if you'd need it. A subdomain and FTP access and such.

Josh
 
Top