earphone wire repair

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sqsxero

Website
www.pwns.org
hey all, i've bought some lovely white sony MDR-EX71 earphones, and they're great and look great with my iPod.

i was recently round my friends house and left my ipod/earphones on the bed. I saw out of the corner of my eye a small dark figure near my beloved pod, it was her cat gnawing at my earphone wire.

the cat has chewed through the rubber outer layer of the wire, and a tiny bit of the copper wire inside about 5 inches below the right earphone.

the sound is seemingly still fine though, i've wrapped a small piece of celotape around for now.

anyone know of a more long term repair i could use on such a wire?

thanks in advance, james.

kayle12

Apple Rocks!
My 2G Ipod Earphones are coming apart from the little area where they split. I guess the wire is kinda loose there. As of a way to fix them, sorry no ideas. Thanks

MuzakMan

electrical tape for a cheap easy fix. Maybe some rubber cement for longer term. It might work. It would take a little shaping, and hopefully would bond to the rubber thats already there.

juss

i think u should cut the wire put some heatshrink tube on the wire then solder back together and heat it that will be perfect.
u can get it from any electrical shop