e3 vs e4

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hect0r

Hello-

The e4s are coming out very soon adn I wanted to know how much better the 4's will be as compared to the 3's. Iam not an audiophile and I cant decide based on specs how these will be, but maybe others can or have read an article. I like the e3s but I dont find the sound to be full bodied enough for me and I am ok with buying the e4 if they are much better.

jasperstory

Personally, I have not tried the e4cs, but I am very hopeful after reading a number of v. positive reviews. Previously, I owned the e3s and was blown away from the huge step up from crappy 'phones like the ex71s. However, I am upgrading because it seems the natural step (perhaps getting the e5cs some day).

I have read a lot about the new e4cs, which has prompted me to get them from Earphonesolutions.com for $178. The talk has been of extended bass and a generally wider soundstage, although apparently the issues of somewhat muted highs has yet to be adressed. Nonetheless, an Admin over at Head-Fi thinks they are better than the e5s.

I think the best thing to do is to wait till they come out and read reviews that compare the E4s, the ER4-S/P, and the new Super.fis that are discussed on this forum. However, I am really desperate for these and loved the e3s so much I have pre-ordered them.

Go over to Head-Fi.org, there are many posts there regarding the e4s specifically by people who have tried out the e4s, and any specific questions would be best levelled with them.