• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

DVD to ipod using videora - need help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BSI

Alright, so there are about 10,000 threads on getting video to your ipod and I'm just that guy adding to the list. However, I haven't seen a topic where it covers the entire process of taking a DVD, somehow putting it in a format suitable for videora, and getting it on a 5g video ipod. Any love? Thanks in advance.

unoefe

I don't have my 5g yet ( grrr!!!! ), but I converted one movie and imported it into iTunes; works there at least. I used DVD Decrypter and Videora's iPod converter. They have a great step by step guide on their website. To find the apps, just google them.

BSI

Thanks! It looks like other people got it to work in other threads, so I'll see tonight. Anyone else have good luck with this on their ipods?

Good luck getting yours. I got mine last night and I'm pumped.

BSI

Update: So I downloaded a DVD on dvd decryptor and put it into Videora, and I came out close but not right. The picture and audio appear to have great quality, but they didn't download correctly. The video and audit are in-sync but they repeat the same thing twice about every 3 seconds. For example, you watch it for 3 second and then it starts that 3 second again and then goes to the next 3 second scene, repeats, and so on.

Therefore, what settings are people using on dvd decryptor and videora to copy DVDs? I believe that my videora setting are probably okay but I think that I will need to change the dvd decryptor settings. Otherwise, everything is playing in my iTunes and can be copied to iPod.

Thanks for you help.

xxjuicymintxx

Website
www.xanga.com
Hmm, personally, I hate videora. Couldn't get it to work, and just gave up. I went out on a hunt to solve things MY way, and the RIGHT way. I was sick of getting crappy, out of sync (Audio & Video) movies on my iPod. So, here's what I do...

1.) Load a DVD in my DVD ROM Drive.
2.) Open my ImTOO DVD ripper (Got through lmwire)
3.) Take the .avi file that it creates, and open it into PSP Video Express (found on download.com)

Then I set my settings (320x240), hit the button, then it converts it to a .mp4 file which I then can load into iTunes, then onto my ipod.

Unlike videora, this method actually WORKS for the iPod. (At least for me.) I can't get anything I make in videora to end up on my iPod, though they work in iTunes. So yeah...

There's my advice. Hope it works as good for you as it does for me.

BSI

That's the thing. I can get them to work the same in my iPOD as in iTunes using DVD decryptor and Videora, I just don't think that I have the settings right since I have the problem above. So if anyone knows how to fix the settings problem or if it's something else, please let me know.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your advice. I'll try those programs and see what I get.