Dusty iSkin- Anyone know any good ways to stop it from attracting dust?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

OllieS

Mac rules!
Website
www.apple.com
Hi, I got my iPod on Christmas Day and I also got an iSkin for it. It's all fine except for that I am cleaning my iSkin every 10 seconds because of the large amount of dust on it. Does anyone here know any good ways to stop the iSkin from attracting the dust?

mndtrp

your taxes hard at work
My advice is to embrace the dust. Revel in its beauty. If you can't do that, lick it constantly. Not only will you get your minerals, but your ipod will stay clean. Well, cleaner.

Seriously though, the material the iskin's are made from attracts dust and lint. It's kind of a pain, but there really isn't anything you can do about it. At least nothing that I have found.

b0n3d

get a better case .. preferably something leather or vinyl. Just because this forum raves about iskin and other over priced rubber/silicon cases, doesn't mean they're any good.

cheerios

the first day i washed it with warm water and it still attracted lint and whatnot but a couple days later it stopped.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
that's why I don't buy silicon case. it's cheap but so bother me to clean up everytime. if you don't want it, change the case. for example, polycarbonated case both transparent and translucent (contourdesign isee, agent18, crystal clean jacket), leather cases (Incase leather sleeve, vaja ivod, other bunch of choices), total armor case (aluminium case). I used Incase leather sleeve black before. it's nice, good case. now, changed to agent18 because I want to see my ipod without taking out.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
that's why I don't buy silicon case. it's cheap but so bother me to clean up everytime. if you don't want it, change the case. for example, polycarbonated case both transparent and translucent (contourdesign isee, agent18, crystal clean jacket), leather cases (Incase leather sleeve, vaja ivod, other bunch of choices), total armor case (aluminium case). I used Incase leather sleeve black before. it's nice, good case. now, changed to agent18 because I want to see my ipod without taking out.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com

bov

archurban said:
oh, my God! my reply posted three more. moderator, or administrator delete three same reply, please. thank you!
you can delete them yourself.

just click edit and then delete near top. =] (sry off topic)

about the iSkin, i have one, but got kinda frustrated so i rarely use it.

i either use the case that came with it or no case at all :D

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
First off, i don't notice this problem at all with my own iskin evo2. But i've heard that if your having problems with dust etc you should rub a light amount of talcom powder on the exterior. Hope you find a way :)

Mina.