Duplicate removing freeware?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TimArm

Does anyone have a reccommendation for some freeware to remove duplicate files from itunes and/or windows media player? I've got a few thousand files and am trying to merge songs that my wife purchased on her iphone into a library we can access with both iPhones and my son's iPod Touch. I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing, but everytime I try to move the songs, it creates duplicates and I am now out of space on my hard drive. I need some way to get rid of a couple thousand duplicates. Apple advised me to copy all songs to an iTunes music folder in a shared music folder and point iTunes to that folder, but I don't have enough space to do that with all of these duplicates. Help, Please!

kellygas

there are a lot of programs out there to address duplicate problems and some are free but so far only "Duplicate Files Deleter" works for me... its handy, easy to use and effective finding duplicate files... try it if you haven't done so... hope it helps..

sallenmd

It's not free, but I've been very satisfied with Easy Duplicate Finder from WebMinds.