duplicate albums problem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

spacemanspiff77

I loaded Amy Winehouse - Back to Black onto my wife's 8GB iPod nano. The music plays fine, but the organization is all kinds of messed up! In coverflow, it shows the album with a complete black cover, not the album cover. In the song list, it lists the song Rehab twice. Once at the beginning of the album and once at the end. The next album in coverflow is the same album! Except this one does not have a black album cover, just the music note symbol. The song listing is the same, Rehab as the first and last song.

When looking at this album in artist view - Both of the albums show up as above. Except the album without the album cover says it only has 1 song - Rehab. When you click on it, it brings up all 13 songs!

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? BTW, this album works perfectly on my 5G 80GB iPod, just like it should.

v65magnafan

Funny. I have a similar problem with the same album. My G3 menu shows three versions of the same album--Winehouse Back to Black.

Some songs are duplicated, some are not.

But, in my itunes, the catalog shows one album--in my music cat and my ipod cat.

So, I have no answer, but I'll try to search it out. We can't be the only two people on Earth with a G3 Winehouse problem.

v65magnafan

I think I may have a fix.

Go into your i-tunes library and highlight the first Winehouse song. Go into "Get Info" and make sure that the album name and artist name is entered properly in the first song, and that it is entered identically for every song. That is, make sure that the album title is shifted all the way to the left.

I'll bet this fixes your problem. If there's any difference in how the album title or album name is entered, itunes thinks it's different albums.