Download MY free music

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MikeM

Retired
I've been playing with Garageband software for several months now and have managed to crank out about 18 or so tunes.

They are all made with just the loops available in software and are kind of dancy-trancy-electronic.

Anyway, I'm making 9 of them available to Loungers for free.

My personal favorites are "Variations on a Theme" and "Octahedral" but I definitely think they're all pretty good. For you, they're free, so you've got nothing to lose.

The Artist name is Kick Enemy Men, which is an anagram of my actual name. :D

A big thanks to Dan [Doug Gilmour] for hosting the files.

Right click a file to download:

Definitely let me know what you think, especially if you like them. ;)

----------

UPDATE

The old link is gone. I've moved the 9 songs to another server but I decided to switch them up a bit. There's at least one or two new songs.

Download Here

Again, right-click a file to download.

Last edited:

enjoilax

Will give it a full listen later, but Variations sold me.

Congrats!

All done with Garageband? I need to get a mac. >:|

davedey

damn good job, the tunes are amaizing,

congrats

Last edited:

stinkiedmb

teh 1337 pwn3r!!!11one1!!
downloading......

...not bad....

i'm really not one for this kind of music, but it's nice to know that a mere mortal can create something that sounds this good using only garage band!

nice job :)

Last edited:

MikeM

Retired
Thanks for the kind words so far. :D

I'll think about posting more in the future but not right now.

enjoilax

Mike: I'll be using Garageband or Fruity Loops to make my EP or LP.

All i need is for my "blank state" syndrome to be solved.

MikeM

Retired
I'm sending you a virtual kick in the back side to get you started. :D

davedey

fruity loops is pretty easy, and seems like the best alternative for PC, know of anyothers?

ksanders

Mac Switcher Wanna-Be
Website
kwsanders.myblogsite.com
MikeM said:
I've been playing with Garageband software for several months now and have managed to crank out about 18 or so tunes.
initely let me know what you think, especially if you like them. ;)
I am not generally an electronica fan, but your music is pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Rhine

DLed some last week just got around to hearing them nice job

thenerd

garageband question

good job with the tunes mikem!

I have an off topic question......

I am thinking of getting an iBook. Using Garageband, I would want to make recordings of myself playing the cello. I am new to making/editing music on a computer, so what kind of recorders (low cost) would pick up a good sound when placed near the cello. Would I be able to put these recordings onto Garageband and then be able to make some corrections (timing) to the music?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

MikeM

Retired
I know nothing of recording a cello, so I won't even try. You may want to find info from people in the sound recording business.

I've also yet to record anything in garageband, so I don't know what you can and can't to adjust files. Garageband is a fairly basic program. Apple has Logic Pro, which is much more advanced but costs $1000. Maybe you could find a friend with garageband and give it try to see if it works for what you want to do.

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
Anton said:
I really wish they would make a Windows version of GarageBand it seems like such a cool and simple program to use.
That's why they don't. They want to make Mac easy to use, not make Windows easier. The only reason they have iTunes for Windows is for iPod support.

maskd

Electronic is my favourite genre of music and I'm pretty damn impressed at these tunes, you have a definent style, easy-listening beats and definently some nice chill out technoish music you got there, I'll put these on my ipod when there finished. well done.

Next time try and record some vocal's and maybe try your hand at making some sounds up yourself by distorting real life sounds.

-maskd