Doug's Corral iTunes Dupes Script

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jessica.

I used this script to get rid of my duplicate files in iTunes. It puts all duplicates into a new play list. I thought that by deleting the playlist it would then delete the songs from my hard drive as well as my itunes library. It did not. It's taken 5 hours to find 2200 songs and I am technically still not done. Now that I've given that much time towards this, I find that all it did was make a playlist--which is useless since the songs won't delete entirely.
I read the read me and that is not the way it was supposed to act according to the read me. There is no customization necessary.

Does anyone have any advice? Am I using the script wrong?

DeltaTee

Website
applescript.plaidcow.net
IIRC, it will put all of the songs that it thinks may be duplicates into a playlist. You then must select the songs that actually are duplicates and delete them. (Select the tracks, and then use Command-Option-delete.)

WoodenBrain

Website
beam.to
try my iDupe. believe me it's the only workable thing out there--that's why i wrote it. (no slight intended to doug's coral script, just a script alone will never handle this job satisfactorily, I found.)

jessica.

WoodenBrain where have you been all my life? AND WHY ISN'T THIS BUILT INTO iTunes!? Seriously, they should be paying you for this. It seems to be working awesome! Thanks! And I'll register it. :)

ben52646

Can someone please send me (as an email attachment) THEIR copy of corral itunes dupes v1.0???

I ask this because the current corral itunes dupes v1.0 available on the website has been changed and doesn’t work as well.

My email: ben52646(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thanks for the help,
Ben