dont forget us , Apple- UK users think

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gregfripp

here in the UK, people forget that we exist?
we have no prices OR even a date when we can order.
think of us, you US users, as you order and get your ipads.
your unfortunate UK cousins will have to wait while Apple decide on how long we will have to wait and how much we shall have to pay, before we get our ipads!
I think our price and when will be out as you guys get yours - I hope!

JSRinUK

Yes, I was all set up and ready to buy based on the 60 days Steve Jobs promised in the Keynote.

Pushing it back by (at least) a month has turn the iPad from a "90% will buy" purchase into a "90% may not buy" purchase. It wouldn't be the first time that Apple's UK delays have stopped me buying their products.

It's fairly clear why we have no price yet, though. The exchange rate has been getting steadily worse - which is pushing up the converted $499 US price to ever higher GBP prices.

Where once we may have expected a starting price of £389, I'm expecting the base price to be £449 by the time they let us buy the product (and it'll still be without the iBookstore).

It's clear to see what Apple sees as their primary market, and to see exactly what they think of International customers. After all, some countries haven't even had the "late April" tissue-paper promise that we've had (not that I'm expecting Apple's "late April" statement to be anything other than fobbing us off until June/July).

gregfripp

I agree with you that our price may increase.
I guess that Apple think their primary market is USA (not unreasonably) and other countries just will follow.
heres hoping that I can buy one SOON!
greg