• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Don't forget, it's Tax Day...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Interpol

...for those of you in the USA who have an income.

Interpol (who just finished writing a $87000 check to the IRS)

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
Wha? $87,000 USD for taxes? Damn.

My parents got me to do our taxes (well, with them) with Turbotax. $4,700 refund for us :) (10 kids, low income = big tax breaks)

Josh

Interpol

TheJosher said:
Wha? $87,000 USD for taxes? Damn.

My parents got me to do our taxes (well, with them) with Turbotax. $4,700 refund for us :) (10 kids, low income = big tax breaks)

Josh
Wow, 10 kids. I can't even imagine what your house is like. You guys Mormon? :)

And yes, $87k in federal taxes (plus an additional $20k in CA state taxes). It didn't help that I had no tax withheld from my salary over the year. Plus, it was a good year for me and my family.

Last edited:

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
I owed $700 to thre Feds and got $400 back from the state. Not to bad....

antiditz

Right, tax day, I completely forgot. I usually like to get mine out early, but my damn accountant was running late this year, so I only sent them out about 10 days ago. No payment due this year, but I should be getting a nice refund.

How many out there wait for 'under the wire' time? Is it procrastination, or just not wanting good ol' Uncle Sam to get at that money until the last second?

rooster

Oberon Drinker
got mine done in february, got a refund from both state and federal totaling 1,200 or so, and i didn't have a job for 6 months.....

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
Interpol said:
Wow, 10 kids. I can't even imagine what your house is like. You guys Mormon? :)

And yes, $87k in federal taxes (plus an additional $20k in CA state taxes). It didn't help that I had no tax withheld from my salary over the year. Plus, it was a good year for me and my family.
You pay about the same in state taxes than my dad makes in a year :) What kind of work do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

No, not mormon :)

Yes, the house is a zoo. And since we're all homeschooled, there is no escaping it either :D

$499 back in state taxes here.

Josh

Last edited:

Interpol

TheJosher said:
You pay about the same in state taxes than my dad makes in a year :) What kind of work do you do, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm a doctor. Anesthesiology is my specialty.

No, not mormon :)

Yes, the house is a zoo. And since we're all homeschooled, there is no escaping it either :D
That's cool. It takes real dedication to homeschool a kid, let alone 10 kids. :)

zenith_kitten

This post is interesting as I'm an accountant in Australia. I didn't realise you guys had to pay two separate taxes, one to the state and one to the federal when you do your tax return.

Sorry, I must seem like a librarian but it's interesting how tax works around the world. At least the consensus is it's a pain :D

Last edited:

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Not all states have state tax though, so not everyone pays it nationwide. It depends on the state you live in.

Interpol

whocares33 said:
more like $290,000

If i did my math right
Closer. How much you get taxed percentage-wise depends on your income. The higher it is, the more you get taxed.

After deductions, I fell from the 35% bracket down to about 25%.