Does your ipod with Martin Fields protector still fit in the universal dock?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mpb2000

From what I could tell, not too many people have mentioned this. Once you install the Martin Fields protector, does the ipod still fit in the dock? If not, do you think applying just the front protector would allow it to fit? I'm considering doing that b/c people have said it doesn't fit quite right, and I don't really care if the back gets smudged.

Also, since the fit with the dock is fairly tight, is there a possibility of damaging the screen protector after repeated removal of the ipod from the dock?

Last edited:

mpb2000

The MVPlaya said:
Do you realize how thin the protectors are?
Why would you ask something like that? It's a screen protector. Of course it's thin; everybody knows that. But do you realize how tight the fit of the ipod with the dock is? It's a tight fit, and it won't take much added thickness to make it not fit. I would guess that it would still fit, but I would like to know for sure before I go through all the work of installing the protector.

If you have the MF installed and a dock, you could just simply answer the question. If you don't, then you don't know for sure whether or not it will fit. Like I said, I think it will, but I'd like to know for sure.

Last edited:

jas0nt

Website
www.genmay.com
yes, it will obviously fit. people aren't going to spend 10 minutes reapplying their skin everytime they place it on the dock.

mpb2000

jas0nt said:
yes, it will obviously fit. people aren't going to spend 10 minutes reapplying their skin everytime they place it on the dock.
Have you tried it or are you just saying that because you think it will? If you think it will (like I do), that isn't proof that it will "obviously fit." Maybe people don't reapply the skin; maybe they just don't have a dock. That's like saying an ipod with an iskin will obviously fit in a dock because people wouldn't spend the time (albeit shorter than 10 minutes) removing it from the iskin everytime they place it in the dock. This is of course not true; most people with those kinds of cases just don't use the dock.

This is a simple question, but if you don't have a MF and a dock, you can't answer it.

MidnightSlade

Are you afraid of the protector kinda bunching up and peeling? I put a PSP screen protector on my iPod and it was starting to peel of the back when I docked it. But it wasnt a tight fit like a Martin Fields. However if youre using the universal dock, use a bigger insert if youre scared to dock it snuggly.