• This is not the place to tout your latest must have app. It will be viewed as spam if you do post a link to your application or any "hey this app is awesome" shill style posts and your post will be removed and you may be banned.

If you wish to submit an application for inclusion on the iLounge.com main site please do so by sending an email to [email protected]

Does Pandora block access from abroad?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

daihard

Hi.

I have a question about the Pandora application. Several people in Japan have told me that they can't access music through Pandora, getting an error message that says "Unable to sync stations." In the meantime, I've had no such trouble. Does Pandora only allow access from within the U.S.?

frozenscorpion0

I think it does...

I have the same problem.... I am not in the US and I get the same error. It's a shame, because I love Pandora, I had all my personalized stations, and I am not able to use it in my country.

Do you guys know any trick to do this? That would be great... I am going to give LAST.FM a try....

daihard

frozenscorpion0 said:
I have the same problem.... I am not in the US and I get the same error. It's a shame, because I love Pandora, I had all my personalized stations, and I am not able to use it in my country.

Do you guys know any trick to do this? That would be great... I am going to give LAST.FM a try....
Some of my friends told me they were able to access Pandora from Japan through a proxy server. They said you could find an open proxy server in the U.S. that anyone could use with a little effort. I have no idea how to go about it, but there's at least a workaround.

slimjimtell

Fix for Pandora Cannot Sync Music

Check your date and time on your Ipod.
I have an Ipod Touch 32g and was having the same problem...

On your Touch
Touch Settings
Touch General
Touch Date & Time
Make sure your time and zones are correct

SECOND

Check the time on your PC as well, when you SYNC Ipod and Itunes, the date is transferred to the TOUCH. This is most likely how your Ipod started getting this error.

This fixed the problem for me!

slimjimtell

Out of country'ers, try setting your touch to Eastern Standard Time AND DATE (NY time) and see if that would work for you.