Does CCBP ever work in ITunes? The slow transition to ITunes...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

loGan

Ipod therefore I am
I have been going through the painful transition from Win software to ITunes because I have an inkling that in the end it will be worth it.

I am almost there now, though it has required the backing up of 20 Gigs of music, multiple installs, volume levelling and needless updating of Ipod information.

I am at a point now where I am happy with what ITunes has done to my Mp3s. Its sorting of the files actually replicates the way I arranged my data but more efficiently so I am almost at the point of deleting my music folder backups. I did however change my ITunes folder so it is the same as my music Library, I certainly don't want this knocking about on my C: drive and I don't want ITunes copying songs from my library to the C: drive.

So thats all sorted now and apart from some other functionality which is less than intuitive I am almost at a point where I am ready to go it alone with Itunes.

The one last bit of functionality that I still haven't managed to make work is the automatic tagging of music already in the music directory. Whenever I select a song or multiple songs and select the confusingly named Get CD Track Names I receive the same error every time along the lines of "CCBP info not available for this track."

I haven't tried this while ripping a CD. This is just to update tags on music already in the library. Can anyone make this work?

HiRez

loGan said:
I haven't tried this while ripping a CD. This is just to update tags on music already in the library. Can anyone make this work?
Not what you want to hear, but it will only look up tags for discs you rip in iTunes (at least I'm pretty sure that's the case). Kind of a bummer, this might be a bone they threw to the RIAA, I'm not sure.

loGan

Ipod therefore I am
I had a feeling that this might be the answer though it seems to be pretty shortsighted and annoying given that Itunes messes with a lot of the Tag data added by other programs and seems to lose Album art. The only thing they should throw to the RIAA is a grenade.

What is really annoying is that for some reason Songs in the same album do not have the Same Album art associated with them for some reason. Some have art and some don't from the same LP. Even when art is manually added to one song it doesn't automatically associate itself with all the other songs in that LP. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Thanks for the answer though and lets hope Apple changes its mind if this proves to be true.

SteveB

loGan said:
I had a feeling that this might be the answer though it seems to be pretty shortsighted and annoying given that Itunes messes with a lot of the Tag data added by other programs and seems to lose Album art. The only thing they should throw to the RIAA is a grenade.

What is really annoying is that for some reason Songs in the same album do not have the Same Album art associated with them for some reason. Some have art and some don't from the same LP. Even when art is manually added to one song it doesn't automatically associate itself with all the other songs in that LP. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Thanks for the answer though and lets hope Apple changes its mind if this proves to be true.
When I add album art I always select all the songs from the album and then drop the art into the little drag art here box. Seems to work fine for me.