Does anyone know how to have iphone bookmarks saved to PC?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

floepie

I would like to backup my bookmarks on iphone to PC.

When I select 'sync bookmarks with internet explorer' in iTunes, iTunes reports that the iphone is synced with another user account and if I would like to merge info (combine bookmarks from PC and iphone) or replace iphone bookmarks. I select the 'merge info' option, but all iphone bookmarks are subsequently replaced with those from IE on the PC. Hmmmm. So, I tried again by restoring from backup (takes forever) the entire iphone and hit 'merge info' once again. Same thing happened - all iphone bookmarks gone and replaced.

So, perhaps there's a way to simply drag the contents of a bookmarks folder in the iphone's system folders and import them into IE on the PC? Thanks...

floepie

OK, this is what I did. I restored the iphone from a backup to get the bookmarks back onto the iphone. Then, I SSH'd into the iphone to grab the bookmarks.plist at \var\mobile\library\safari\ and saved them to the desktop. Then, I restored the iphone back to a clean OS 3.0 and chose to start as a new iphone with iTunes. I synced the bookmarks to IE, which is required, so that your IE bookmarks do not overwrite the iphone's bookmarks upon a subsequent sync. Then, I copied the bookmarks.plist from the desktop back to the iphone overwriting what was there. Then, sync with IE once again, and all bookmarks will be synced.

You may be wondering why all this is necessary. It is necessary because if you reinstall your PC's OS, the new OS will overwrite your existing iphone bookmarks on the first sync. It is also necessary when you want to start syncing bookmarks to another PC as well (The iphone only sees user accounts, so it complains that it is synced with another user account.).