Does anyone have a Griffin iMic, the original instructions, and a scanner?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jackonicko

Retired
I've lost my instructions (for both the old 'puck' iMic and the newer white iMic).

DOH!

And just hoped that someone might be able to fill the gap by scanning and PDFing theirs.

I'd be sooooooooo grateful.

If you can help, please PM me for my e address.

zapod

Gadgeteer
Jacko, there's not much to the iMic apart from the selector switch. IIRC (my iMic's in storage) there are the two 3.5mm jacks - one is the line out, the other the audio in - I say audio because the selector switch changes this input between Mic-level input and Line-level input.

With the drivers installed, go to System Preferences to choose the default audio I/O setup. I then use Audacity to sample stuff...

Now, I would PDF the instructions to you... if I had them myself ;) Like the avatar BTW.

Last edited:

vja4Him

iMic Instructions ... Help !!!

Jackonicko said:
I've lost my instructions (for both the old 'puck' iMic and the newer white iMic).

DOH!

And just hoped that someone might be able to fill the gap by scanning and PDFing theirs.

I'd be sooooooooo grateful.

If you can help, please PM me for my e address.

I too have lost the instructions for my iMic .... I need help with trying to figure out how to use my iMic to record music from my audio tapes, so I can save the audio files to iTunes, then burn to CDs.

I've tried using Audacity, Final Vinyl and iMovie. Can't figure out to even use iMovie. Can't find the audio files that Final Vinyl supposedly is saving .... Saved lots of audio files with Audacity, but the quality is not good, and I can hear our voices being recorded with the music (must be coming through the built-in microphone in my iBook).

I've tried various settings on the iMic, and both jacks on my sony portable stereo cassette recorder (model TCS-430), and Audacity, and System Preferences.

What am I doing wrong? Could someone help please!!! Thanks.

-- vja4Him
+_+_+_+_+_+_+

brehob

I have the manual

I have the manual, but my scanner is not available right now.

Most of the manual is pretty self-explanatory, and would probably be the same as that for iMic 2, except for this paragraph, which I have transcribed:

Mic/Line Level Switch:
The input jack accepts either line level devices (like CD players, tape decks, etc.) or a microphone. Input type is selected via the black switch between the two audio jacks on the front of the iMic. For microphones push the switch toward the speaker icon. For line level devices push the switch toward the microphone icon.

Also, one bit of information I discovered on my own several years ago. If the iMic is connected through a basic USB 1.1 hub, it outputs audio in mono. I don't know if this is a design feature due to bandwidth limitations, or a bug. There is a Griffin USB 1.1 hub that does not cause this to happen. Of course nowadays probably just about everything is a USB 2.0 hub, which also does not exhibit this problem. If you are connected through a hub, though, and your music sounds a little flat, it might be worth starting up "Audio Midi Setup" (or some other app.) to play with your balance, and make sure you're getting both channels.