Does anyone ever listen to Audio Books?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Do you use audio books on your ipod?

• Yes LOVE IT!

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • NO thats less HD space for me

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR POLL

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

WarCow

Website
www.warcow.dk
I got 2 audiobooks for free from Audible.com (i think they're still running that offer) and got The Da Vinci Code and War And Peace. It works great and the bookmark feature is cool :) But it really depends on who is reading aloud, because you have to listen to that voice for a long time, so it better be a comfortable voice :)

danielomg

I have War and Peace as well dude! I just have yet to i-Read it yet. Does anyone know how many MB they are?

WarCow

Website
www.warcow.dk
War And Peace is quite large (like the book). It's split in 11 files ranging from 76 mb to 117 mb each.

I've read half of the book and was planning on listening to the last half on audiobook. It's awesome!

Donkey_Kong

Website
www.cravers80.com
WarCow said:
War And Peace is quite large (like the book). It's split in 11 files ranging from 76 mb to 117 mb each.

I've read half of the book and was planning on listening to the last half on audiobook. It's awesome!
dang its like you own your i pod just to listen to war and peace

WarCow

Website
www.warcow.dk
Hehe, i don't have all of the files on at the same time. The small files are about 4 hours long and the big ones are 8 hours. So i swap them with only 2 on the iPod at a time :)

Donkey_Kong

Website
www.cravers80.com
WarCow said:
Hehe, i don't have all of the files on at the same time. The small files are about 4 hours long and the big ones are 8 hours. So i swap them with only 2 on the iPod at a time :)
that makes sence. where do you get your audiobooks at?

MusicGuy

I like the occasional Audiobook.

Especially any by David Sedaris. His audiobooks are him actually reading his books, but you'll feel more like you're at a comedy club or something... They're really cool...

WarCow

Website
www.warcow.dk
Donkey_Kong said:
that makes sence. where do you get your audiobooks at?
http://www.audible.com
They have loads of audiobooks and shows and you can pay either per book or have a monthly fee and get two a month or so. They also have a trial running where you can get 2-3 books for free, just to check it out before you pay for anything (which is what i've done so far).

bfcoughlin

I bought my mini to listen to audiobooks. I'd been given a Shuffle for my birthday, but it doesn't hold bookmarks well. I took advantage of Audible's $100 off offer to get the mini. It's wonderful to be able to listen to books on long car trips or when I'm just doing housework or the like

ham_man

The only audio book I have bought was Anthem by Ayn Rand, for school reading. It was more expensive than the actual book...:eek: ;) :eek: :p