Dock Connector Problems

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheSilentDawn

I have a 15 Gig 3G iPod that I have had for 3 years now. This last winter the battery life got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore, so i installed a new battery, a NewerTech model. That was about five months ago. This last week I tried to plug my iPod in to my computer (a Powerbook), nothing happened. The iPod will charge via the wall outlet and the computer cable. I have tried soft reset, using another computer, and booting into disk mode. This seems to suggest to me that one or more of the data pins in the dock connector is bad. Everythign else works fine so if I can fix this I'd like to. Any ideas.

mhat

were you able to fix you ipod? i'm having a problem with connection also. i get a connector picture on the ipod

TheSilentDawn

No. I started looking at services to get it repaired and since it was already 3 years old at this point, I put my poor iPod to rest and got a new one. The actual pins were going bad for some reason(botched battery install perhaps ;) The cost was going to be 30 american just for the shipping. If you do a search for iPod repair it will give you some services. I hope you have more luck than me.