Do You Like the NEW iPods?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Matrixsjd

the 40 gig regular is .69" while the ipod photo is .75" and it's only mildly heavier then the regular one as well. Not too bad ;)

Provboy

yup not too bad i guess. the U2 pod looks like a soviet pod hehe. and they're expensive. :(

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
I'm sticking with the Mini. The 60GB iPod photo is f**king expensive over here (S$1088) and I simply do not see the need of paying more just for a U2 iPod...

I'm sticking with my Mini 'til probably Apple comes out with a 5th Gen iPod.

Xueilonox

Website
www.digitalmerging.la
I think the U2 iPod would look better if they ditch the red wheel. Gray, white or silver would have been a better choice.

Eventually, I'll upgrade to the photo iPod. If you're going to pay those prices, might as well get extra functionality with it.

funnyperson1

Website
filebox.vt.edu
The Photo Ipod has its uses for some people, but its way too expensive compared to the regular Ipod for my taste. I don't really feel the need to carry photos with me, but I am sure that the cover art features for purchased music are pretty cool.

The U2 Ipod looks really good imho, but for a bit cheaper I would rather just get a Colorware Ipod. I can see where maybe U2 fans would love this though.

Lone

A man who likes his taffy
If they had added USB Host support or something similar to the iPod Photo it would've have been nice, but instead you need to pay $100 for a bulky Belkin media card reader.

NOSpsycho

this is the best thing apple has ever dun IMO

seriously... this is awesome.. they suprised everybody

i feel bad for those of you who bought the 4th Gen recently because it appears that you got ripped off..

i want one!!!

now were expecting a color screen iPod Mini 2nd Gen... hopefully Apple will be smart and offer them :D

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
U2 iPod = UGLY!

60Gb, iPod Photo = Me buying one before Christmas......

Bye-Bye Gen 1.....

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
I like how the U2 iPod looks, but its not tempting me in the slightest.

The iPod Photo tempts me more, but I'm going to spend my money on earphone upgrades and a battery upgrade for my 3G.

Lone

A man who likes his taffy
i feel bad for those of you who bought the 4th Gen recently because it appears that you got ripped off..
I dunno, the 4th gen 40 gig is 100 bucks less than the Photo 40 gig I believe. That's a lot of extra dough just for a color screen and photo capability.

altcountryman

no depression
I like the U2 iPod, but don't feel the need to get one. I am a longtime U2 fan, though. The photo pods are cool, but I don't need one of those either. Not yet anyway...

bigmouse64

WTB Shure E3c
Website
www.third-core.org
my reply to another thread.

I've got no ipod, and 120gb of music alone on this computer, but there's no way I'm getting a iPod photo, because 'it is simply a gimmick', yeah fair enough it has got the 25% more battery life and 50% more storage space. But for me this is pointless, because 1; I still couldn't fit all my music on, 2; who actually listens to their iPod 12 hours none stop, or 15 hours, whatever the new battery length is. As for the photo function, I say 'what's the use of the photo ability with no camera.'

djte

unmitigated apathy
Website
stripcreator.com
I may have said this before on another thread, but I'm sticking to it. I got a 4G 20 gig at the end of September and I am not angry in the least about the release of the new iPods. I like the color scheme of the U2 iPod, but not enough to dish out an extra $50.

as for iPod photo...well, it took me long enough to amass the $299 for a 20 gig, by the time i got together $499 (or god forbid enough for the 60 gig...) well, it would be time for the 5, or possibly 6G iPod. I'm happy with what I've got and who cares if it's not got a color screen? I wouldn't mind the extended battery life, but IMHO that's not enough to shell out an extra 200 bucks. at least not on my income.

podio

Why are you reading this?
baggss said:
U2 iPod = UGLY!

60Gb, iPod Photo = Me buying one before Christmas......

Bye-Bye Gen 1.....
Exactly,I'll prob. get a 40gb one though,and get rid of my 3rd gen 10gb
If I can afford to after Christmas.:D I was already thinking of getting a 20gb or somthing but I like the photo,so I guess thats and extra $200 right there,Ill see If I can pull it off.I dont like the U2 ipod though and its a little more than a normal 20gb,I wouldnt mind one thats all black and non-U2,lol.

toothpaste

u2 ipod is ok. i personally don't like red, never did so the ipod is not something i would get just for that reason. 60gb ipod photo is nice. but it's the first gen to have photo capabilities and color, so i'll wait to see if apple got it right or if there are bugs that need to be worked out first. nice toys to have nonetheless.