Do you jog with your iPod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pinkcamel

Okay, don't kill me for asking this, as it may have been asked some point in time before, but i have yet to get a good grip of answers to make my decision upon so just bear with me

Is it safe to run with the ipod video?

i ran with my 4G 20 GB ipod plenty of times, an innumerable amount before it got stolen, so i would think it'd be pretty safe (and i also dropped it a couple of times which only slightly rendered the durability of the ipod, in that i had to reset it kind of occasionally ) but im unsure about my new video ipod
OR should i purchase a shuffle for jogging?
Are nanos flash mp3 players?
thanks.

skiguy52

I would get the shuffle. Not nano. There are a few threads where people say that their ipod was damaged, or that it slowed down because of jogging. Unless you jog on a treadmille, I would invest in a shuffle.

fudderyduddery

For the love of god, do not run with an iPod! You can get away with it, but hard disk drives are notoriously fragile, especially small ones such as in a iPod. Both the nano and shuffle are flash drives - i.e. they have no mving parts so cannot be damaged by the constant vibrations/shaking of jogging. An iPod with a hard drive on the other hand, if shaken about could malfunction as a result of damaged drive heads etc. If you're only going jogging, I don't see why a shuffle won't suit you, you don't need thousands of song if you're only going running for an hour or two. I'd advise getting an old one when the new shuffle comes out - they'll be much cheaper and fulful all of your needs.

Jarhead_USMC

Website
www.usmc.mil
For the love of god, dont post stuff like this if you dont know what your talking about. First of all, the Ipod has plenty of shock protection built in. And secondly! the Ipod is meant for abuse. what good is the thing if you cant use it for activities that are outside of the house. If your really that worried about your ipod getting damaged get the service plan and apple will replace it if it breaks. I have brought my 5G Video on some pretty intense hikes and it still works like the day i got it.

etherealbeats

Jarhead_USMC said:
For the love of god, dont post stuff like this if you dont know what your talking about. First of all, the iPod has plenty of shock protection built in. And secondly! the iPod is meant for abuse. what good is the thing if you cant use it for activities that are outside of the house. If your really that worried about your ipod getting damaged get the service plan and apple will replace it if it breaks. I have brought my 5G Video on some pretty intense hikes and it still works like the day i got it.
Double that, I go skateboarding and snowboarding with my 5G 60GB and I only use the case it came with. Ok, I don't do stupid things and fall on the iPod, but it gets shaken about enough, and it has a couple of dents. Still my faithful old friend, works like it did the day I bought it.