Do you have to use Itunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

str8raw

Hi I'm having issues, I just bought a 16gb 1.1.3 unlocked iphone OTB and I've tried syncing with Itunes many versions, 7.4, 7.5, and 7.6.1 and they all tell me

There is a problem with you iphone...

We're sorry, the iphone you connected may be damaged and cannot be activated for service we recommend you visit your nearest apple store for more information.

any ideas on why I can't use itunes? Or is there another way to sync music and videos without one?

WetWork

str8raw said:
Hi I'm having issues, I just bought a 16gb 1.1.3 unlocked iphone OTB and I've tried syncing with Itunes many versions, 7.4, 7.5, and 7.6.1 and they all tell me

There is a problem with you iphone...

We're sorry, the iphone you connected may be damaged and cannot be activated for service we recommend you visit your nearest apple store for more information.

any ideas on why I can't use itunes? Or is there another way to sync music and videos without one?
What software hack was used to unlock? What steps were taken to unlock? Or did you buy a preunlocked phone with know way of getting that info from your seller?

str8raw

I'm not exactly sure I know he said he had to uninstall the v1.1.3 and then go back through it all and reintall (I know that prolly doesn't help much) Is there a way to tell on the phone which one he used. I have the installer app on it, in which I called the seller back and he has another 16GB iphone that he uses with v7.5 Itunes and it's working fine for him.

WetWork

Is there a "Z" icon on the springboard (home screen) and are you able to delete it?

You may need to reunlock and reactivate the phone using the soft hack?

str8raw

There's not a Z icon just the standard icons, but the T-Mobile Logo is showing up?

str8raw

thank you for the info, just out of curiousity what do they mean by start the phone in "DFU" mode?

vsolis

dfu = device firmware upgrade.

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

str8raw

So will the phone be basically restored to original state v1.1.3 OTB ie will I need to re-jailbreak? I bought the phone on craigslist so I just need to know if I need to bring it back to that person to Jailbreak it again.

vsolis

yes, if restoring the firmware on your iphone allows it to work with itunes again, then you'll need to re-jailbreak your phone to run third party apps.

it's actually quite simple to jailbreak your iphone. just google zibri ziphone and you'll find a less than 3 minute process to jailbreak.