Do we need a case?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chuchichan1

I basically want to keep my IPT screen free of scratches. Do you really think a case is necessary? I suppose it's ok to scratch the back. I'm not looking to add bulk or to ruin the beauty of the IPT.

My question is, wouldn't any sort of screen protector affect the responsiveness of the screen? In theory, I suppose it would be best to have no screen protector. But, I suppose we do need something on there to prevent those scratches.

If I had to go with a case, I'm attracted to the Air Jacket, because of its minimal bulk. But I see it does come with a screen protector. Does anyone have this product who can comment on how well the IPT screen responds with one?

Thanks very much in advance...

Ldog12395

screen protectors dont affect touch screen responsiveness. Keep in mind that the screen is glass so its very hard to scratch but it has happened. If you feel the need to protect it but dont want added bulk, get an invisible shield or best skins ever. They make the screen a little "sticky" but you get used to it over time, and the stickyness isn't really that bad.

justblaize

I tried a screen protector on my touch and I was surprised that it was just as responsive as it was without it. While I don't think it's immediately necessary, it would be a good idea to use one. A friend of mine showed me his first gen iPod a couple of days ago and I was a bit stunned when I saw the condition it was in - scratches all over the back (obviously), but what surprised me even more was that the front glass had small nicks and scratches on it, not many, but they were there. The glass even felt different. Like I said, not immediately necessary, but it wouldn't hurt.

As far as cases go, I would recommend Incipio's Feather (19.99). It's very thin and minimalistic, no bulk at all. It's a great case overall and comes with two screen protectors as well. I'll try to post some photos up later.

Last edited:

cyone

Banned
of coz, i need both of case and screen protective film. The cool case is good for protect my iPod...., and the screen protective film is good to avoid the scatches.... I cannot live without my iPod........