Do the Sony MDR-EX71SL work good with the wired remote?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Patm34

i was thinking about getting a wired remote and the Sony MDR-EX71SL's just wanted to know how they worked together?

kloan

SSMoy
they work fine. the audio is a pass through signal anyway, so it doesnt matter what headphones you use with the remote.

i have the ex71 and after burn-in i really like them... of course, they sound even better with a headphone amp such as the cmoy, but that's another topic...

sto0pybo1

yes they work fine as said above... they also have a short cord that will plugg right into the remote... nice ;D

stevesurf

In a spinning class
Yup, that's the setup I use. The EX71's work fine. However, I've gone through three remote controls - the cable strain relief at the iPod end tends to wear out. My latest workaround is a mini cable tie creating a loop at the remote's connection at the iPod.

kloan

SSMoy
Yeah, mine pulled out.. two wires completely detached inside the little connector.. I opened mine up and re-soldered it, then used Goop to seal it up.. rock solid ever since....

Makes you wonder why they choose flimsy rubber in the first place... and why they don't properly test their products before sending them into production. They know full well the problem, and they STILL haven't changed the materials they use to make it. Honestly, show me who to smack up there at Apple... knock some sense into them...

"hey guys, it's perfect! after a few months of using it, if the ipod stays in the person's pocket most of the time.. the remote wears out and they have to buy a new one!"..... "perfect! we'll make millions.. harharhar....."