Do not buy SendStation iPod / iPhone Dock Extender

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dselevan

Ok I went to the Gadget Locker and bought iPod / iPhone Dock Extender http://www.thegadgetlocker.com/product_info.php/cPath/223/products_id/2787
and than I bought an incase Case.

It doesn't work. The gadget used to support the iPhone does not fit into old docking stations. See photo 1:

The Dock Extender is to wide for the iPhone Dock!

See photo 2:

I called the Gadget Locker and the nice lady didn't even own an iPhone and could not try it! Do not use this company if you want a dockable iPhone solution

ak9237

the description on their site says that it only fits in docks made with a universal dock

"Since then every iPod with 30-pin dock connector ships with a matching Universal Dock insert, a white plastic part which fits into the docking cavity of those docking stations and speaker systems for the iPod, which are built to Apple’s Universal Dock standard. "

and you also said that the piece doesnt fit in the iPhone dock and it also says that in the description

" **Dock Extender works flawlessly with iPhone, but does not fully fit into the docking station supplied with the iPhone. "

not sure why you thought that it did these things when it says in the description that it doesnt do either of them. You probably shouldve read the description before you bought it. The dock extender works fine in the iLuv clock radio that I have because it has a universal dock in it so the universal dock insert fits right in and works fine.

dselevan

I guess I should have read the small print which I'm not sure was even there when I purchased the product. Now I gotta spend another 10 bucks on ebay for a universal dock when I already have 2 docks? Lame.

dselevan

Do you guys think this is Ok for my phone? I taped the dock support to the back of my docking station. It seems to work fine, and I save $40. It looks bad here, but you don't notice when it is docked.