Do I really need 100 dollar earbuds?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

OhioIpod

Okay, I use 10 dollar Sony earbuds right now and the biggest problem I have with them is that the earbud covers fall off sometimes. Seems kind of petty compared to the people with 300 dollar ear buds and how amazing they claim the results to be.

I also have a pair of 40 dollar (and quite large) headphones which I use for the computer, long travel, and places where I want my music to be limited to just my ears.

I suppose my question... although hard to formulate... is does someone like me, a non audiophile who doesn't know the difference from a great sounding headphone to my 10 dollar sony's need to spend 150 on some earbuds? I'm VERY WORRIED that they will break! I am a college student so I need to throw my ipod/ear buds into a pocket or backpack and I travel a lot with them so I'm worried about the durability. Sorry for the jumbled post, but essentially the problem comes down to: cheap headphones that do the job vs really nice headphones that might increase my listening expierence although make me paranoid about breaking them.....

Anyone else in my similiar situation or willing to help a novice ipod'er out? Thank you very much in advanced because this forum's posters seem to know their stuff!

OhioIpod

I should also add: is the listening expierence so much better to justify spending this much? I've heard the bose headphones at the Mac stores and they were pretty neat although tough to say wether it is worth spending what I can buy 15 sony headphones for.

enjoilax

i would just buy a pair of Sony Ex-71sl's. 50$ and they are pretty damn good.

PeterPumpkin

I bought a pair of etymotic er6is. Upon using them first up i wasn't exactly blown away. Considering i paid $150+ for them i didn't really think they were worth it, but they're mainly just used for the "show off" factor. They have kinda grown on me and i am semi attached to them now.

Switching back to the original apple earbuds, there is a noticeable difference, but if you're happy with what you currently have, i don't suggest you upgrade.

ctsport

I say go for the 71s, they aren't very expensive at all (at about 45 dollars) and they sound better and the fit is more comfortable than the stock earbuds. :)