Do i need to use a credit card?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

fuzzypits

Well, really, the question is do i need to make a Account, Because, i don't have a credit card, Can i just redeem a itunes card and use it on that computer?

Eric Lewis

Apple Lover
fuzzypits said:
Well, really, the question is do i need to make a Account, Because, i don't have a credit card, Can i just redeem a itunes card and use it on that computer?
You can make an account and just use prepaid cards

Sparkee

In Canada you can only use gift cards to purchase music and videos and does not require a credit card to setup. The Canadian iTunes Store does however requires a credit card for software purchases such as iPhone/touch updates, apps and games.

Sparkee

When setting up your account just skip over the request for credit card info and it should still set up the account. Once you have the account set up log in to it in iTunes Store then click the "Redeem" link to enter the gift card numbers and add it's balance to your account.

I Like-a Da Box

When you're creating your account, instead of selecting one of the three credit cards (Visa, Mastercard or AMEX), select "None".

Sparkee

fuzzypits said:
Oh, And im from Canada.
As I've stated, since you are in Canada you can not use a gift card to purchase software. It sounds a lot like you are running into the billing page for games and apps which only prompts you for credit cards. You should still be able to create an account with out a credit card and use the gift card for music and video purchases. Try setting it up from the iTunes Store home page in iTunes click the Account link on the right side. Try using the Redeem button which should prompt you for your info or click the continue button from there to set up your account.