Do I need to keep my music on my computer aswell?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
I've always had all my music on my computer aswell (In My Documents) and in iTunes. Since I have a music capacity of around 30gb's and I need to free up space am I allowed to take off all my music from my computer but keep it in iTunes and still able to play it on iTunes and on my iPod.

I'm trying to say, if I delete all my music stored on my computer, will it erase all my music from iTunes or will it not allow me to play the songs on iTunes? Thanks!

bdb

On the B side of life
If you are using manual mode, you can play on the iPod, and in iTunes when your iPod is connected.

Of course, if your iPod dies, all your music is lost.

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
afalconsvick said:
It depends. I got a 160GB external HD off ebay for $100.
Sweet. That's awesome, because my computer now only has 75gb and I have close to 5gb left. Where would you plug it in? Through USB?

d-bear

so you have 40gigs of other stuff? geeze, you've got a lot of stuff on your computer.

you will likely plug it in through USB2.0. i got a 200gig, that i put together, for about $140. i really just wanted 30 or so, but the 200gig HD was only $20 more (on sale).

Huskerz85

To relieve my poor laptop (may it now R.I.P......lol), I went out and bought an 80gig External HD. All my music along with video files, zip file collections (add-ons for games & what not) and the like stay on there.

When I bought my new desktop though, it came w/a nice 250gig Hard Drive, so I just made a new series of folders and copied my mp3's on in. I try to keep the folder on my External HD updated as often as possble, just in case.