Do I need a case for my iPhone?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Spinstorm

I have ordered an iPhone and I am expecting it next week and I am stuck as to if I need a case for it.

I have NEVER used a case with my phone because they are ALWAYS plastic and so if you drop them the chances of anything breaking are very slim, but the iPhone has a glass screen which may break if it gets dropped on the ground!

I would never intentionally drop it or course but no matter how careful you are I am sure somehow at least once the phone will get knocked off a table or dropped by someone else if not falling out of a pocket when you least expect it.

I don't want to break it obviously but I have looked at most of the cases and the ones which offer the most protection are going to make the phone twice the size in my pocket and that is not something I want...

So do I need a case and if I do what is the best suggestion for a case that won't add extra bulk but still protect the phone if it is dropped!

steveyrock

no

I have purchase cases before but never end up using them because it makes the phone bulky. Besides It takes away from the look and I tend to damage things once out of the case anyway. Where do you carry your phone? if you use a belt clip then you will need a case. If you are used to caring it in your pocket then you should not get one.

alfredog1976

I use the iSee case by Contour Designs. It adds a little bit of bulk, a tradeoff I am more than willing to make, in the event I drop my phone. When I hold the phone up to my ear to answer a call, it does feel a little heavier than previous cell phones I have used. I have dropped my phone once, but it was not intentional. I jumped from the top of stairs (about 4 steps down) and the iPhone popped out and fell to the concrete floor. The way it was designed with the holster makes it pop out easy depending on the shock (in this case my fruitful jump). Though, except for this particular time, the case is snug with the holster as long as it's facing in. My iPhone suffered no damage whatsoever from the fall, while the iSee case taking the brunt of the damage. They have these available at the Apple stores, if one is accessible to you, and try it out and if you don't like you should be able to return it with no problems.

Quillz

Enlightened
Website
www.quillz.net
I really don't think the iPhone needs a case. Aluminum and glass are very durable and scratch-resistant. It's nothing like the plastic and steel used on the iPod. I have had a very difficult time scratching the iPhone, this of course being a very good thing.

kazakaz

I'm using the Revo case from iSkin and love it. It adds little bulk to the phone. It comes with an anti-glare screen protector, and an acrylic hard cover for the screen. The only downside is that It doesn't fit in the iPhone dock with it on, but it will fit in the universal dock

PD3

Does anyone know about a pouch for the iphone? It could be leather or fabric.