Do Classics Ship Fully Charged

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Cubbies2166

Incubus Guru
I just got a 160 GB classic and plugged it into the wall charger that I have (my computer doesn't charge) and it says that it is already fully charged.

metal666

i believe what your seeing is what they call a "ghost charge". Rechargeable batteries like lithium ion and nicad can sort of develop a little charge on their own but after a very short time, the battery will die. Its always best to charge the battery first thing

RickB

My Classic's battery was so low that I couldn't turn it on when I got it out of the box. I had to plug it in to a charger. It came up in diagnostic mode, too, but that's another story.

Rick

kornchild2002

It depends on how fast they got your iPod out to you (or the store you purchased it from). Apple sends out the iPods with a bit of juice in them. I remember that my 5G iPod came nearly fully charged while my 4G iPod came almost completely empty (my 3G iPod came with about 1/2 a charge). So it all depends on how fast it took the iPod to get out of the factory and into your hands.

If the iPod says that it is full then the battery is full. Those ghost charges don't happen with new batteries like that, they occur with older (ie 3-4 years old) batteries that haven't been charged in months. If you want, you can completely drain your iPod's battery then charge it back up again. I recommend doing that normally anyway. After that, stick to charging your iPod quite often and keep the battery full. Completely drain and charge the battery about once a month per Apple's recommendation. That is it.

huyi

Website
huyi82.1up.com
mine arrived completely dead so i had to leave it to charge for a while, my mains charger won't charge it anymore either, i have to use the computer to charge it :(

ZunesAreUgly

I bought mine at RadioShack and it said it was fully charged after hooking it up only maybe 20 minutes.

GrooviPod

My 160GB Black came almost fully charged, had time to look through diagnostic mode to check everything was running esp dead or bright pixels before heading out the store. Checked up the warranty online and found mine will start on 20th Oct 07. So I guess its a rather fresh set.

triplesaber

i finally bought an iPod last week and i came almost fully charge. However, the seller said I should charge it fully when i got home with an additional 5 to 6 hours charging time for the 1st time charging of iPod. Is this true?

hexonxonx

Mine was fully charged as well. I Synced all my songs to it and used it for two full days before recharging.

kornchild2002

triplesaber said:
i finally bought an iPod last week and i came almost fully charge. However, the seller said I should charge it fully when i got home with an additional 5 to 6 hours charging time for the 1st time charging of iPod. Is this true?
If the iPod's screen says it is fully charged then it is fully charged. There is no need to leave the iPod plugged in for an additional 5 to 6 hours if the screen says it is full.

hexonxonx

The battery life on the Classic are amazing!

I take my classic to work with me and it is with me in the car the entire time. Friday night, had the iPod playing a podcast the entire 7 hour shift. Saturday night, I listened to music using a playlist. Still more than half the battery remained. Sunday, I listened to another 5 hour podcast while at home and listening to new music I purchased and the iPod still had green left. I finally charged it to go back to work on Tuesday.

lvgdgts

I was very surprised to find my 160GB Classic was fully charged when I received mine.