Do Audio Splitters use extra battery?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kornchild2002

If you plug in two head phones then yes. Two head phones will use more battery than one. Do the math Punk!

Superweirdash

No, you just have less volume in both. The sound quality will remain the same. The power delivered to the headphones is the same, so it will be divided between the two. To listen at the same volume, you'd have to turn it up, thus using the battery more.

And the heaphone output DOES use the battery. Obviously. Sound doesn't just "appear".

JimB

My friend is convinced that headphone splitters break headphones. He used two pairs of quite expensive headphones (Sony MDR but both a bit different models).

First pair were quite new (1-3 Months) and they worked fine untill we shared a headphone splitter and they broke that day (buzzing sound that eventually lead to a silent right phone)

Second pair were a bit old (1year?) and they also broke the day that we used the splitter again (Same buzzing and right headphone).

This has sent us both into complete paranoia!

kornchild2002

Superweirdash said:
And the heaphone output DOES use the battery. Obviously. Sound doesn't just "appear".
Ha! I thought that was a real funy statement. Back to topic; the quality will be the same through both head phones but you will have to turn up your volume up. Just be careful that when you and whome ever else are listening to your iPod not to unplug any head phone set. This will cause the volume of the set that is still plugged in to dramatically increase in volume. You will get reduced battery life though, I am not sure how much of a reduction. If all your music is at 128AAC then it shouldn't be much of a reduction, if it is at a higher bit rate then it will probably be a large reduction in battery life.