DLO's Action Jacket for 5G--read if you have Invisible Shield too

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

emmcubed

I'm not sure if this will affect anyone else or not, but thought I might post to let you all know my experience.

I picked up one of these cases at Best Buy (like others, first 5G case I had seen anywhere, and even before DLO offically announced them) because I wanted it for working out.

I have a white 5G with the Invisible Shield installed. For some reason, the plastic window on the DLO case doesn't play nice on first contact with the Invisible Shield. The two stuck together, so much so that I had to forcibly pull them apart (right at the screen). Doing so pulled the Invisible Shield up just enough to cause a spot of bubbling right in front of the screen.

I took a premoistened lens wipe (alcohol) and cleaned off the Invisible Shield, but a weird smear/scuff appeared that will not go away. I then used the wipe on the inside of the Action Jacket, and have since put the iPod back inside it and the contact between the two is not so hazardous.

I thought I should post this since so many of us are using Invisible Shields/Martin Fields protectors. Be careful if you do. Luckily, I already had a replacement Invisible Shield coming because of another unrelated mishap.

alinosa

novice tinkerer
that stinks, i just bought a dlo action jacket for my 5G (which i'm still having to wait for) and i have an invisible shield waiting as well. have you had this same problem with the new IS? and did the alcohol keep them playing nice together?

emmcubed

So far, the problem seems to have lessened, but I do notice that if I have the iPod in the DLO and it gets warm (for example, sunlight) that it gets a little sticky between the two again.

It's just such a strange thing to have happen.