DLO Jam Jacket Mini question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Renesis

Hi!

I just bought and recieved my Case for my silver mini and while I'm happy with the quality and thickness of it, the screen protection part of it sticks to the mini's screen and makes little bubbles of air.

It was also hard to put on so I'm wondering if I was supposed to use a lubricant or something to put it on? Did I make a n00b mistake?

I sure hope there's a way to fix it because it looks bad and it's hard to see the screen correctly.

Here's a pic (poor quality though) to show you the prob

Attachments

ej613

actually, the dlo jam jacket just does that. unfortunately. i've never heard of any way of fixing it, although i'm sure if you REALLY don't like the way it looks, then u could cut the screen protector out fairly easily. take a look at ipodlounge's review of the jam jacket mini, and you'll see in there pics that their case does the same. some ppl mind it, some ppl dont. iskin makes a case that features a hard screen protector which is implemented very well and does not have wet marks. lajo also makes ishade screen protectors that i've personally never used, but is also popular with ppl. not sure if it's compatible with ur jam jacket however. i personally use an iskin mini, looks good and works good, but its too bad my screen protector arrived cracked in one corner. currently trying to get a replacement from iskin, but their customer service is rather...slow.

Renesis

argh! :(

I didn't notice that in their review.. damn.

Having a sceen protection was a very important feature for me so I don't want to cut it out but still it looks like a cheap homemade solution now.. why didn't they make it with the same material but just less thick? it woudln't stick and make bubbles then.

Well thanks for your fast reply.. I guess I'll just use the backlight more often :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
You can make the bubbles less noticeable by using bath powder on the skin, inside and out. Make sure you wipe all of it off before putting the skin back on the mini.

I lift any dirt off with a piece of Scotch tape.

Renesis

Hmm

bath powder? well I guess I'll try to find that and give it a try, if I can get the case off my iPod, it's so tight it's very had to put on but even harder to get off!

Alteast my mini won't fall off! :)

Thanks for the tip!

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
That's another reason for powdering it... it makes it much easier to get on and off while it's new. After you've had it a while, that becomes less of an issue.

I'm looking at mine now. No bubbles and the screen protector is kind of "floating" over the screen. Reading the screen seems fairly easy, but by no means as clear as with no screen protection. I don't use backlight.

MuzakMan

Cut the screen protector out, and just use a PDA protector on the screen.

Renesis

Aceon6 said:
That's another reason for powdering it... it makes it much easier to get on and off while it's new. After you've had it a while, that becomes less of an issue.

I'm looking at mine now. No bubbles and the screen protector is kind of "floating" over the screen. Reading the screen seems fairly easy, but by no means as clear as with no screen protection. I don't use backlight.
Perfect! I'll give it a try, I'm trying to take it off atm!

waynerman

Pod Fodder
Website
www.waynecourtois.com
I wish I had known about the powdering trick earlier. I got the jam jacket when I got my mini, four weeks ago, and I just left the jam jacket on it--I don't think it will ever come off now unless I cut it off.

I like it, though--it's a dust/lint magnet and the screen isn't the best, but it has a nice feel, it protects the mini, and when I have it in the pocket of my gym shorts I know the mini won't fall out, even if I stand on my head!