DJ style cord too LONG!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

airin7

So I got some new headphones for xmas. Just what I wanted some nice lightweight closed headphones, DJ style, as they are referred too. I like everything about them except the 11 foot cord! What's with that?!

I looked around thinking I'd exchange them for something similar with a more practical length of cord but alas Sennheiser, skullcandy, Sony...they all have these 10 or 11 foot cords. Why is that when they are obviously being marketed for the ipod crowd and so many peeps seem to be using these headphones for portable listening?

Would it be possible to shorten the cord? Chop a piece off and reattach the plug? Can it be done?

snowdog99

airin7 said:
Would it be possible to shorten the cord? Chop a piece off and reattach the plug? Can it be done?
Why not? You probably wouldn't be able to reattach the original plug - they tend to be moulded on - but fitting a new one is easy enough if you're reasonably handy with a soldering iron.

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
I've noticed that most of the DJ phones have extra long cords. All the better for getting up and moving to the beat!

willcurran

Website
www.last.fm
im a dj
and the reason it is so long is because it is actually intended for djs not always ipods
the cord plugs into the mixer and has to be long enough for the dj to move around and get to his crate of records.. if we had short cords we'd have to take off our phones all the time.

airin7

There's load of these closed headphones on the market and many/most of them have really long cords. Now really, are there loads and loads of DJ's out there hence the demand for the long corded headphones? And why aren't there some shorter cord models for us ipod users?

camille

hitori.
airin7 said:
There's load of these closed headphones on the market and many/most of them have really long cords. Now really, are there loads and loads of DJ's out there hence the demand for the long corded headphones? And why aren't there some shorter cord models for us ipod users?
there are always cord management devices:

http://www.cableturtles.co.uk/
http://www.sumajin.com/online-SPORTWRAP.html

or if you want uber ghetto:

twist ties!