Display/Edit Music Videos on Itunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

invisibleman18

Hi there,

Is it possible to display your Music Videos list on Itunes? I have transferred a number of music videos to my new 160 gb classic Ipod and on my Itunes I can only see Music, Movies, TV Shows and Audiobooks. Once I class a video as Music Video, I can no longer see it in Itunes. This has now become a problem as I notice I have accidentally put one music video on my ipod twice and I'd like to delete 1 version but can't see how. I've looked around Itunes for ages trying to find an option to display my music videos list but can't see one anywhere. Surely you must be able to and I have just been blind.
So how can you display your music videos on itunes in order to delete or edit info etc?

If it helps, I'm using Itunes 7.5 which I believe is the latest version and I have just upgraded to the latest version of the ipod firmware (1.0.3) this week.

Thanks

big angry

Music videos go into the music library.

Why, I don't know. There should be a separate tab for it. Maybe they'll fix this with the next firmware update.

invisibleman18

Ah thanks a lot for the quick reply. No wonder I couldn't find them then. Funnily, I didn't think to look through my music for my videos.

So if they are in the music list, does this mean they will popup in a music shuffle?

big angry

invisibleman18 said:
Ah thanks a lot for the quick reply. No wonder I couldn't find them then. Funnily, I didn't think to look through my music for my videos.

So if they are in the music list, does this mean they will popup in a music shuffle?
I wouldn't know, I never use the shuffle feature. But I'll try it and see what happens.

invisibleman18

I guess the only way to find out is just to wait and see if they do appear in a shuffle. Thanks for your help. :)

big angry

I put a music video in there and shuffled but it never came up.

Of course, I have like 6000 songs so it might not have had the chance yet.

laurenglenn

Make sure you turn off the option for the file for "Skip when shuffling" to NO. You have to do this from the Get Info option in iTunes.

I replaced many of my music files on my iPod with Music Videos encoded in MPEG-4 video and AAC audio at 448kbps audio, only because Nero won't do H264 and audio bitrates higher than 160kbps. They play back fine on my Classic.

Music Videos show in the Music library because you can play them like regular audio files which is really nice. This allows you to have one file that you can listen to and you can also watch the video portion.

If you want to watch the Video part of it, go to Videos -> Music Videos.

Lauren

laurenglenn

big angry said:
Music videos go into the music library.

Why, I don't know. There should be a separate tab for it. Maybe they'll fix this with the next firmware update.
It's been like this since the 5G came out and they started selling music videos in iTunes.

Lauren