Disk Mode, help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Podstar

Website
www.geocities.com
Some how I managed to screw up my Ipod in a quick 5 mins. I formatted it though XP (though my computer right clicked it and formatted it), which I think is the problem. I then used ephpod and downloaded all of my songs. Now when the Ipod is in the cradle it says do not disconnect and says disk mode at the top. I can got though my computer and see all of the files on the ipod. Ok, so when I remove the ipod, it turns on and show a file folder icon with a ! next to it, and then turns off. How Do i get the ipod back to regular mode?

Do I need to reset it?

~Podstar

hype

Yeah you are not meant to format using the OS. You have to format using the iPod Updater software. Just select 'restore' from the options using that program and it should format it right for you.

Podstar

Website
www.geocities.com
Ok so I ran the updater and toward the end it say

"can't unmount ipod"

and needless to say the ipod still says disk mode and doesn
t get reset to the original setting.

~Podstar

spoof

i think had the same problem as you.
anyways, i got the unmount error then it wouldn't reset and had this icon of the firewire cable and couldn't do anything else with it...is that the error you're getting?

well, if so, if you hadn't gotten the unmount error, the updater would have told you to plug the ipod into the wall adapter so it could update the firmware, and that's it!

in short; try just plugging it in so it could update the firmware. =)

hope this helps...

spoof