Discharge in Docking Station ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

breglis

Hi Guys,
I own a iPOD photo (a 40 GB) now for a week, and have discovered an issue

this morning :
The ipod was fully charged resting in its docking station (usinf firewire) when I left to bed. My girlfriednd switched of the PC without taking the IPOD out of the stocking station.
And now get what happens !
The Ipod was fully discharged and in emergency sleeps this morning.
Shouldn't the Ipod stand longer time anyhow than 8 hours sleep ?
Or does the coziness of the dock make him stay very very awake ?

I am puzzled

Does anyone have an idea on that ?

Regards / breglis

delarge

Seems that the docking to the computer draind the Pod, always remove the pod befor shuting down the computer and you'll be fine

Bernd Sommer

Website
www.bsommer.de
discharge

my iPod Photo 60 GB discharges even while PC is switched on, device connected via docking station with USB-port, iTunes running. It discharges even when using the Power Adapter. Since I bought it for photos and audiobooks I do not use the ipod every day. Maybe it was unused for a few weeks. Since then I never get it fully loaded. When I get it loading the battery will be completely flat after some time. Date and time are reset.
Apple announced to send me a pack where I should put the ipod and send it in for repair. I need the photo storage for my next trip in July. I never experienced such a comlicated scheme for help with an electronic device.
Regards
Bernd