Disable unsupported accessory notice?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

orev

This thing drives me nuts. Every time I go into the ipod on my iphone I am forced to acknowledge that I'm using an unsupported accessory. I KNOW DAMMIT! Does anyone know how to disable this ridiculous message? The fact is that many people are driving while using their iphones/ipods, and this message only serves to cause unnecessary distraction. It's hard enough to use a touch screen with no tactile feedback. Warn the user once or twice, but then STOP. I don't need to be told every day!

Is it possible to disable this, either on a jailbroken phone or not?

iphone 3g white

zardoz66

Are you using an unsupported accessory? if so stop using it and get a replacement of one that is supported.

orev

zardoz66 said:
Are you using an unsupported accessory? if so stop using it and get a replacement of one that is supported.
Obviously yes, I'm using an unsupported device. But this is irrelevant because it works just fine. It's also built-in to my car, so "just get a new one" is about a $400 expense. It doesn't charge the phone but it does allow the sound to come through my speakers.

Sorry, but that doesn't help. Please don't also suggest that I can get a cigarette lighter adapter or some other such ugly thing in my car.

Anyone using an unsupported device will know that it's not supported and doesn't need to be told about it every single time the device is used. If there were at least an option to disable this alert it would be the user's decision to take on the responsibility.

The reaction of "just go out and buy something else" seems almost exactly the reaction Apple wants from people -- to go out and spend more money on already overpriced accessories.

zardoz66

Well here is the problem the device you are using does not work 100% and by saying that "It doesn't charge the phone but it does allow the sound to come through my speakers." also supports the fact that it is a unsupported accessory.

As for the message, NO there is no way (maybe a jailbreak) to shut it off other than getting a device that 100% works with it. so you are fast with the choice of;

1. not using the device that causes the message.
2. upgrading the device so that it will be supported.
3. using a cigarette lighter adapter or some other such ugly thing in the car.
4. maybe hacking or jailbreak or modding the iphone or device.

henrybravo

Zardoz66, I don't know why you chose to reply in this thread because you are not being helpful, and the 4 options you listed are just stating the obvious that the OP clearly already knows.

Orev I am right there with you. I too find the message annoying and redundant. It would be nice to be able to disable the notification.

zardoz66

henrybravo said:
Zardoz66, I don't know why you chose to reply in this thread because you are not being helpful, and the 4 options you listed are just stating the obvious that the OP clearly already knows.

Orev I am right there with you. I too find the message annoying and redundant. It would be nice to be able to disable the notification.

I think I am being very real here. let's look at this.

1. currently there is no way to disable this with the software. this is fact and if he already knows this why ask the question in the first place.

2. offing some suggestions on ways that he can correct the problem -IS- very helpful. Again I have to assume that he asked the question because he might not know what to do.

3. me saying "using a cigarette lighter adapter or some other such ugly thing in the car" was me being funny. as he stated that he did not want to use such a device. but in fact is a valid work around / fix.

Anyways, Yes I would agree it would be very nice if the software allowed to disable the message. I as well have a dock I just got only 6 months ago that gives the same message. however I know I have to live with it or replace it with something that works with the iphone 3g.

peace.

Surf Monkey

Website
www.dvdinmypants.com
Instead of wasting your effort with a bunch of (arguably) snotty suggestions, why didn't you just post point one from above and leave it at that? You answered the question when you said:

1) currently there is no way to disable this with the software.

Boom. Done.

zardoz66

Surf Monkey said:
Instead of wasting your effort with a bunch of (arguably) snotty suggestions, why didn't you just post point one from above and leave it at that? You answered the question when you said:

1) currently there is no way to disable this with the software.

Boom. Done.
I could have done that, but that would have not given him any options and might have been followed by posts of jail breaking, other devices that would work, etc. etc. anyways. I am sorry you feel my suggestions are snotty, but they are real and very truthful.

The fact is you can not disable it with the current software. the poster does not want to buy or upgrade anything. So with that he will have to just live with it. however I do understand as I live with it myself till I do something about it.

I feel there is really nothing more to add to this. attacking me is not really fun. I was just offing my help and "(arguably) snotty" suggestions. I guess you can take it or leave it at that.