Disable Remote on Universal Dock?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sjuhawk31

Website
sjuhawk31.livejournal.com
Is there a way to disable the connection between the Apple Remote and the Universal Dock? I use the remote to control iTunes, etc., on my MacBook but I sometimes leave the iPod attached to the dock to charge, and don't want to press a button on the remote and have the iPod recognize it.

DarkenVampirE

just simply cover the ipod dock's infrared port(on the front) by electric tape..or just put something infront of your ipod that you can put aside simply when you want to use the remote with the dock..cause i so much know thats theres no other way.

mcgroarty

There's no way to disable it via the iPod config. You can do two things:

1. Get a second remote and pair it with the dock by holding the menu button and the right (forward) direction for abotu 6 seconds

2. Pry the sensor out. It's really easy - you can open the case with a dime along the edges (remove the front IR half before the back half to protect the video plug) and wiggle the sensor chip off the board. It's surface mount, so it practically falls off on its own. The dock works perfectly fine without it. Of course, you can never reasonably add IR back to it again - this is permanent.