Disable iTuneshelper and iPodservice?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Tiberian

I don't have an iPod so I don't need these running. When I have tried to delete or disable them, iTunes just installs them again. I don't need 10mb of Ram being used on nothing, please tell me there's a way to just shut them down!

maxdido

if you have windows xp pro you could try the following (don't know if it works, or if itunes can do without) :
goto-->start-->control panel-->administrative tools-->services-->then find iTuneshelper & iPodservice-->right click-->properties-->set 'startup type' to disabled

hope this helps.

OneTimePoster

Disable ipodservice.exe for Itunes 7.5 on windows

Itunes has become more clever. If you disable the service, Itunes will re-enable the service and start it. If you delete or rename the file, Itunes will run the installation process to correct the problem. You need to delete or rename the file (installed in C:\Program Files\iPod\bin by default) and provide another program for Itunes to run. If you have a compiler you can create a do-nothing program which simply exits. Otherwise create an empty file (like with notepad) and rename it to ipodservice.exe.
Also do run the service manager as described in previous posts to stop and disable the service. Then from the command line run:
sc delete "ipod service"
to remove the service if you desire.