Dilema- visiting my brothers pad.....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
In a few days i will be visiting my brothers flat in Cardiff (Wales)and when i'm there i'd like to put a lot of his music onto my ipod. He has a huge CD collection that i'd like to add to my ipod's library but i can't think of a way to do it. Firstly if i take the itunes disc with me and install it to his computer with all his music it will inevitably wipe all my music and replace it with his music when i update my ipod through itunes, becasue none of my music is on his computer.

To cut a very long question short, does anybody know of a way to add music from his computer to my ipod without wiping what i currently have on the ipod's hard drive?

btw i own a 4g 20gb pod (got it 3 days ago) it's my first ipod and its now permanently attached to my hip..... thanks for your time reading my not very important problem :)

Mina.

shaz

Having fun
Hmm.. you have to set it to manually update playlists.. buuut how can that be done without first connecting it (and thus wipe the contents...)

Edit:

Ehpod maybe?

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
ah ok, so if install ehpod to his computer i can add music from there without effecting my music?

Mina.

Last edited:

AndyH

Before you leave, make sure you set your iPod to "Manually manage songs and playlists". Do this while your iPod is connected to your computer, and shown in the iTunes "Sources" window.

Then you'll be able to hook it up to your brother's PC, and copy music from his iTunes Library onto your iPod.

Captain Caveman

I have a similar problem that I am hoping somebody can help me out with.

My dad just bought my mom a 3rd Generation ipod for her birthday and brought it over to my house for me to put some music on it. I installed itunes on my computer and transferred quite a few albums to the ipod that I think she would like.

Here's the problem: the default configuration on itunes has it set to autosync with your itunes library, meaning that when you hook up the ipod whatever is in your itunes library gets transferred over automatically. If later you remove albums from the itunes library and then hook up the ipod, those albums are also removed from the ipod. Now, you can get rid of the autosync function by setting it to manual transfer, but the ipod has to be hooked up to itunes before this option becomes available. So now I'm worried that when my father takes the ipod home, installs itunes on his computer, and then at some point hooks up the ipod to transfer some music, it's going to automatically autosync his non-existant itunes library and erase all the albums I've put on the ipod for my mom!

Anybody know a way around this problem?

AndyH

Welcome to iPodlounge!

Simple solution...take the iPod back to your house, hook it up to your computer, fire-up iTunes and change the iPod Option to "Manually manage songs and playlists". That should do the trick.