Digital Coffee Shop Sounds

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mintymocha

A pretty interesting personal project site: GirlNoise. It allows you to download actual ambient coffee shop and train sounds to your iPod.

The site seems to be a product of Silicon Valley, or at least the girl who developed it is very much influenced by the culture of the valley. I always feel like people out in the Bay Area spend more time on their laptops in Starbucks, etc...than they do in other places. As a designer, I definitely do. The site even has a very blog-like feel, even though it really isn't. A sound blog perhaps...

Pretty sweet! Now I can combine my iPod and the coffee shop!

pinkmarmy

Hanson Fan
Do you have the URL? Interested, I googled it and it turns out that there are several sites with "GirlNoise" in the title, just couldn't find anything that looked as you've described it to be.

Razor70

Ya I would be interested to know the site addy too. Would be cool to add in something like that. Thanks.

bdb

On the B side of life
Looks like that's the site...when I looked this morning there was nothing on it, but now there are three. Kind of interesting! Is this something I want to listen to ? Not sure yet....

I'm not sure that streaming it is going to save her bandwidth, unless she has something to limit the number of times some can stream each item!

Last edited:

mintymocha

Sorry it took me a while to get back with the url (couldn't post it as I am a newbie). This week was crazy busy.

Yeah - that's the site: girlnoise.com! I downloaded the first track, it was one of the coffee shop ones, and I seriously felt like I was at the coffee shop when I listened to it at work later. I was pretty suprised by the quality too! This was the first time I've put something on my iPod other than straight-up music, and I have to say I'm pretty happy.

Right now, I agree, the site is a bit sparse - she needs to upload more sounds, and I sent her an e-mail telling her to add more user comments, etc. She wrote back saying she got more sounds this week that she's going to add. It'll be nice to see how it shapes up. Cool idea, and definitely worth the download.

bdb

On the B side of life
It'd be cool to do this in various countries, to have the background music in different languages.

Yeah...I'll get right on that!