Difficulty with iTunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MelA

Hi all I am struggling to get into my old iTunes account and am unable to set up a new one! I am very fed up as have new iPad and can't download apps. Can anyone advise? Have tried all usual support offered but keep saying reset but it doesn't work! V frustrating!, :eek:

cjmnews

Staff member
You can't access your old account because you lost your password?

Apple has a process to recover it: https://iforgot.apple.com/

What is not working with that process?

Can you play songs you have purchased with the old ID?

If you don't have any songs or apps under the old ID, then you should be able to create a new ID.
Why won't that work for you?

Some details could help...

MelA

Thanks for your help but have tried to retrieve through process many times without success. Is there a way to start again?

Had iTunes account never a problem - bought many songs//albums and apps for iPhone
Bought iPad - started new account as thought it was an iPad thing
Unable to access anything since then back in nov on iPad or iPhone#
Set up another account but not able to due to having same email address#
Now unable to get into account as saying. Wrong date of birth despite the fact that it is unlikely to be the wrong one! So just going around in circles unable to access account or buy apps or music for iPad. Also not sure if there is a problem with authorisation of account to iPad. Don't really understand how to fix any of this.

bukzin

I too am having log in and password problems.

Went thru the "iforget password" process page. I created a new pasword which it accepted. The system said "you have been sent an email to confirm new password".

I did not get an confirmation email from Apple and still can not get into my itunes account.
Wife is having exact same problem.

This is frustrating. Don't seem to have this problem on other sites/apps.

Any work-arounds?

Thanks!

kornchild2002

Oh no, that's because all other programs and websites are perfect! Of course others are encountering issues similar to you with other services/sites/programs offered by Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, and many others.

First, you need to make sure that the e-mail hasn't been sent by checking your SPAM/trach boxes. Further, you need to allow Apple ample time to send you the e-mail. It might happen instantly or it may take a period of 12-24 hours. So, after checking your e-mail forlders and waiting for enough time, the next step will be to contact Apple's iTunes Store customer support via e-mail. They will respond within 12-24 hours of a support e-mail and that is usually the best route to take. Simply explain what has happened and they will either remotely reset your account or simply re-send the activation e-mail.