Differentiating 1 and 2GB Shuffles

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kylo4

When the original Shuffle was released engraved on the USB stick (I think) was the capacity of either 512mb or 1GB. The 1GB shuffles during the second generation never had this because it was the only model released. Now that they have a two gigabyte model released, are they going to engrave the capacity on the back?

Now, this isn't just to say to your friends "No, I'm not lying they really do have a new shuffle that holds 500 songs." But for users who may have already owned a 1GB shuffle and will mistakenly pick it up (if you have two silvers) when you're going out. Do you think this will be implemented or no? Does anybody have one to clarify this?

paranoidxe

kylo4 said:
When the original Shuffle was released engraved on the USB stick (I think) was the capacity of either 512mb or 1GB. The 1GB shuffles during the second generation never had this because it was the only model released. Now that they have a two gigabyte model released, are they going to engrave the capacity on the back?

Now, this isn't just to say to your friends "No, I'm not lying they really do have a new shuffle that holds 500 songs." But for users who may have already owned a 1GB shuffle and will mistakenly pick it up (if you have two silvers) when you're going out. Do you think this will be implemented or no? Does anybody have one to clarify this?
I'm pretty sure they would..I mean look what'd happen if they didn't..people could sell their 1GB model as a 2GB and rip people off.

I'll let you know when it gets here..apparently mine won't ship until the 6 - 10 of march (long time considering I ordered one on the 29th) and arrive here around 10-14 of march.

Really wish they would have released it in black and white flavors though..black would look pretty tight.

kylo4

paranoid, never initially thought of that, great point. I'm thinking they may just do it for the 2GB shuffles and not with the 1GB since there's so many of them out there already. I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to picking one up when they're in stores, but they're taking awhile now. Best Buy lists it as March 7'th.