different colored iPod screen

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thesexybeast

Disclaimer:
I am not trying to put Lajo out of business (not that he will or anything), just trying to look for a new way for people that cannot afford $3.50 + $5.00 shipping for a screen protector.

When I first joined this forum, there is a thread about a so-called "hack" for ipod screen using colored acrylic. I'm just wondering, for those of you that has a iskin exo, why cant we put a colored acrylic inside the exo just like the screen protector does. wouldnt that give u the same effect as the colored ones at a very cheap price?
You will have to be careful not to let it slip through the 4 button holes, and i think taping it to the ipod wont any damage to the unit. Not sure if it will shown from outside if you are using an ICE or not.
Just a suggestion.

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
Yes you should always be looking for alternatives just like I do here in China. The best idea does not sit still on one design and that is why everyday I work on new designs. Here is what is unique about this TPU screen protector, it is molded rather than rolled TPU so it has different elevation to fit the space it is meant for and offer additional protection. I spent a lot of time experimenting and had many failures and finally I have a material type, stiffness, mold type and injection temperature that will allow for me to further developing this idea into many types of screen protection and other surprises. For those that have scrapped their iShaded iPod against a sharp object will know that the material and thickness of iShades offers excellent protection. I had invested in a thin screen protector and I have scrapped it because it could not offer the protection and it had too many air bubbles underneath it.

thesexybeast

have you ever thought of the PDA screen protector kind stuff? it sticks so there wont be any air bubbles if you apply it correctly, just make it colored ones instead of clear, i have always used them in combination with iskin and maclear before, they are very clear if you have the really expensive kind.

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
I have looked at all sorts of material here in China and have not found any suitable but the search goes on because of the PDA market.
Air bubbles is one of the problems I am working on because there still is a little contact with the screen. The current protector has a 0.05mm space between the screen and the protector at the center and then slowly tapers to the outside edges, if you place the screen properly the air fills into the space and the air bubbles will disappear (wet look). I am working on a user-friendlier protector that will not have this problem from the moment you place the protector on your screen. This type of an improvement is only possible with an injection mold protector.

Infamouschitlin

its about quality man. Lajo's products seem to be of the highest quality material and whatnot. They seem to work. SO if you do end up buying one of those pda things and it scratches up your screen rather than protecting it, and that to repair is quite costly I would guess, wouldn't it be better to spend that 8$ to get the real deal?

thesexybeast

do u know what a PDA screen protector is? it's called a protector there for it will not dmg you screen. there are many people who used it in this forum, search for old posts, i cant remember the brand of it cus i threw away the packaging. like the ones you have on a new cell phone the clear tape thingy, how can that scratch your screen???

Infamouschitlin

I didnt mean to say scratch. I ment to say what if there was some kind of problem...maybe it melted to your screen or some #### like that. Anyway I still say that If you have and exo and got it before they had SP's just send an email to Joe and be nice and he'll get it out to you for free. At least in my case thats what happened...

thesexybeast

ok... i never said i didnt received the screen protectors, i have 2 clear ones, i am merely trying to make suggestions to people. so there is no need to contact joe and "be nice".
please dont post a bunch of weird stuff again, appreciate it.

Infamouschitlin

K man...sorry to bust your lid. I also think its a good Idea to have a thinner piece of TPU becasue it would cost less to manufacture and it would be an easy fix but if Lajo developed it and wanted to make a profit...it would be 3$ plus 5$ shipping... I guess you could go buy one for a quick fix.

thesexybeast

yea, it's cool man, no problems. but still think 8 dollars for a little piece of rubbery plastic thingy is not very worth it.

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
$8 dollars is too expensive, the best is to order iShades with your eXo or if there is a group to get them together or maybe one of the USA distributors will come up with an order method that can be mailed. I know I can mail it to you from Hong Kong for less than $2 when DHL costs us about $13, the problem is I only go to Hong Kong once a wk to once every 2 wks.

thesexybeast

dont know whether production cost of colored protector is alot more than normal clear ones or not. but if people can choose a color for screen protector when they buy an iskin exo it would be nice.
btw, Lajo, for those of us that already bought 2 or more iskin exos will there be a discount on the 3rd or 4th iskin? i have skydance and ice, and i want some more exciting colors, any way i can get the next one cheaper?

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
My programmer will finish this function soon so that I can compensate you all for the tough times you had to go through with eXo. I will have a few options and I will ask you which one suits you best. It is under our coupon/bonus system, but there is more to come to help you save/get to test drive/and get cash, it is part of my master plan for distributors/resellers/patrons participation in growing my business.

element89

Superior Being
Website
google.com
IDEA :)

I have an Idea for the iShades. Instead of making them totally flat so they press on the screen and either get air bubbles or that liquidy look, why not just make the a lip lin the drawing below. This lip would serve dual purposes:
1: Make screen protector stay in place.

2: It would solve the air bubble and/or liquidy look because it isn't even touching the screen.

And get this, it still protects the screen and looks awesom too!

Lajo

Banned
Website
www.lajo.biz
That is the one we are working on now, the one we have is similar except that from the center to the edge it slowly tapers until it touches the screen. This was no problem with stiffer TPU but stiffer TPU would not grab hold of the screen enough so I had to change to the softer TPU. If you place it right you will not get the wet look on the edges and if you leave it for a while the air will escape and the wet look will disappear. I am working on a new design that will add a real cool look to your iPod and this will be out in late Sept or early Oct

Goldphishe

PDA Style Screen Protector

PocketPc Techs makes an awesome PDA screen protector that "sticks" to the screen. I say "sticks" because it isn't sticky actually. They are removable, cleanable and last a very very very long time (the one i put on my pda has been on there 11 months and I still haven't replaced it). I recently cut down one of my shields to cover the screen on my ipod and it works great. It doesn't change to profile of the ipod (you barely know its there) The only downside is they are pricey. But the kit comes with cleaning tools and everything you need to keep the protector is great shape. I purchased the sheild for my PDA so its the correct size, they don't yet sell one specifically for the iPod, but they sell a universal kit that you can cut down to size. The size of the sheet in the kit could cover i think about 10 - 12 iPod screens. Check out the website. http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=WSDIYKIT02-1

If you have any questions, let me know!