Differences Between the 60 and 30 Gigs?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Spizo

aside from 30 gigs of space...

what are the differences between each of the newest generations..

im talking like very specific differences regarding ANYTHING..

if there is a topic already made about this, i apologize, and please direct me there.... if not, feel free to add diferences

anything from physical's to accesories, to batteries, to basic overalls..

thanks guys

AmazingDM

3 hours of video vs 2 hours of video,
20 hours of music vs 14 hours of music
double the ram = less wear on the harddrive
it's top of the line

Spizo

well i am getting the 60 gig for an EXTREMELY generous price.. the only thing is, there is no warranty, so im kinda screwed with that, but i can always find another ' side' place that repairs that kinda stuff....

guys, im no good with computer terms at all.. whats ' Ram'?
may sound stupid, sorry about that...

and.. 3 hours of video? so thats like.. one movie on at a time?

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
after updating with version 1.1, my 60GB is really faster to navigate all kinds. my ipod video can play two movies which each one little more 2 hours. so 4 hours 5-20 minutes. music play? it is like 24 hours 48 minutes, based on last test back in October 2005. nowadays, I can't spend that much time to test. but probably it will go up to 24 hours still. and recharge is really faster. when I put my ipod which shows red bar in my powerbook, then about 1 hour it's almost full charged. it's amazing.

AmazingDM

random access memory
it's where the information goes from the harddrive so the computer can access it instantly

Spizo

so guys...

how do i put on videos? or does it tell me in the manual when i buy the ipod?

filburt1

Scratchless 30 GB 5G
Website
www.webdesignforums.net
Spizo said:
well i am getting the 60 gig for an EXTREMELY generous price.. the only thing is, there is no warranty, so im kinda screwed with that, but i can always find another ' side' place that repairs that kinda stuff....

guys, im no good with computer terms at all.. whats ' Ram'?
may sound stupid, sorry about that...

and.. 3 hours of video? so thats like.. one movie on at a time?
What price would that be? You can never get a great deal on an iPod given Apple has strict pricing. If you're looking at a retailer with a price that's very low, you're likely to get scammed.

Matt174e

Maybe; but unlike music, movies always have the backlight on with the screen constantly moving.
You can, of coarse, turn off the backlight but it's difficult to see.

I wonder how long video will last without the backlight?

Spizo

ohhh, so your incorporating everything else.... so in essence.. you can really watch one movie ( which i have still yet to know how to put on ), then just delete it after?

gravis86

iPod Expert
filburt1 said:
60 GB has double the RAM, a physically larger battery, a thicker form factor, double the capacity, and longer battery life.
It does not have a larger battery. The larger ram accounts for the longer battery life.

Last edited:

gravis86

iPod Expert
filburt1 said:
I could have sworn the battery is physically larger as well to take advantage of the extra space the thicker HDD requires.
Well, I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered reading that the batteries were the same size.

T

TM2-Megatron

gravis86 said:
Well, I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered reading that the batteries were the same size.
If they were the same size, why wouldn't Apple have used the same battery in both, to give the 30GB additional life.