Difference in quality between black and white 30GB?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Frank1991

Ok - I have researched the whole black vs white ipod thing. I will probably get a case right away for which ever one I get which I imagine will eliminate the whole scratch issue (I guess black scratches more easy). But, is there a quality issue between the black and white ipods? I have read where the white ipods are known to have a loose click wheel and that the backlight on the white models leaks through ( I honestly do not know what that really means). Seeing that I will put a cover on either one that I get will I likely get a better quality ipod if I go with black? Thanks

gravis86

iPod Expert
No real quality issues. The two things you are describing are present on both colors, they are just less noticeable on the black one because the color hides them. Plus, if you are going to get a case, none of this matters anyway.

Frank1991

I did a search and found lots of threads like "black vs. white." But most of them discussed how black scratches more than white. I found a few people who stated that the white models are likely to have the two issues that I listed in my original post. So I am trying to determine if the white models actually have these issues. Thanks

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
Frank1991 said:
I did a search and found lots of threads like "black vs. white." But most of them discussed how black scratches more than white. I found a few people who stated that the white models are likely to have the two issues that I listed in my original post. So I am trying to determine if the white models actually have these issues. Thanks
that is %100 false. black just displays more scratches because it is darker than white.

Last edited:

jedk

Frank1991 said:
But, is there a quality issue between the black and white ipods? I have read where the white ipods are known to have a loose click wheel and that the backlight on the white models leaks through ( I honestly do not know what that really means).
I have a white 5G (60GB, not 30GB) and my click wheel isn't loose. Some people have reported that the white model's click wheel is somewhat off centre, but I haven't got any such "problem" on my 5G. As for the backlight, it doesn't really leak through on mine, at least not so noticably as to be a distraction.

skwannabe

I like ramen and my ipod
actually i just returned my black ipod 5g 30gig for a white and im soo angry!!! the click wheel is loose alittle... im going to return this again !!! ARGH