Did you upgrade to Itunes 7?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Did you upgrade to itunes 7 ?

• Haven't upgraded. No desire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crash613

Ok here's the deal. I understand the nature of forums is that people generally don't post when they are happy. So the "squeaky wheel effect" is that it seems that everyone is having troubles with their upgrade.

So with that in mind, i am wondering how many of you have had no problems.

Options:
1. Upgraded and loving it!!
2. Upgraded but am seriously considering going back
3. Upgraded but went back
4. Haven't upgraded due to fear, rumors etc.
5. Haven't upgraded. No desire

franticnomad

HUGE Metallica Fan
Website
www.damonsharp.com
it's okay, could always be better...

installed it, and love the new additions, but it is now extremely taxing on my pc (as opposed to iTunes 6), and all of my iPods now update/sync EXTREMELY slow (waited about 20 minutes earlier for my 1G Nano to update 1 podcast, which would usually take less than a minute before). Luckily I don't update all that often. Some of the album covers do not match the corresponding album (Dred Zeppelin???), and some are missing (due to them not being in iTunes). I do not like the removal of the "keep in the source list" feature previously available for the 1G shuffle. I ordered a 2G shuffle, so I hope they add that feature back in. I also had to restore all my iPods after iTunes installation after first sync b/c content wouldn't transfer over from iTunes. Hopefully they will continue to fix some of these issues soon, but they are not big enough to make me want to go back to version 6 at the moment.

gonzobman

yes, but...

Updated to 7.0.1 and 1.2. The only issue I seem to be having is 7 not detecting my 5G when I connect it. Restarting the Ipod Service seems to handle that OK though.

-G-

scaredpoet

Perhaps there should be an option in between 1 and 2 "upgraded and dealing with it." In other words, not loving it, but putting up with it.

weilik

iPhone 4 Lover
Website
weilik.me
Yeah, upgraded to the latest iTunes v7.0.1 with 1.2 firmware on my iPod 5G. Prefer the ol' iTunes v6, at least it is simpler and I hate that constant checking of gapless playback on my near 1000 songs whenever I transfer some new songs to the device. Anyone have any idea to disable that annoyances off? Besides that, I too have some minor problems of selecting all songs within a folder in my Windows that never happened in my iTunes 6. Somehow the problem stays but sometimes it works ok, so it is neither too good or too bad.

Regards,
weilik

maverick777

I got a gen 5.5 iPod so I HAD to upgrade regardless. iTunes works great for the most. It does seem a little bit more resources intensive than 6 though.

The only real problem I have with iTunes is the video section. When I drag and drop movies or shows onto the iPod, there's and EXTREMELY long lag. Sometimes I'll drop the file but if I move my mouse off the iPod too quickly it won't transfer.

Also, has anyone notices that it takes forever and a day to change the "album art" for video files. It literally takes about 1 minute per file to retag the art.

So basically the only "problems" I have with iTunes 7 is related to video files. Music and podcasts work great.

Cheers.

BusyDaDJ

Takes some getting used to but it's been working well for me.

VietPho

maverick777 said:
I got a gen 5.5 iPod so I HAD to upgrade regardless. iTunes works great for the most. It does seem a little bit more resources intensive than 6 though.

The only real problem I have with iTunes is the video section. When I drag and drop movies or shows onto the iPod, there's and EXTREMELY long lag. Sometimes I'll drop the file but if I move my mouse off the iPod too quickly it won't transfer.

Also, has anyone notices that it takes forever and a day to change the "album art" for video files. It literally takes about 1 minute per file to retag the art.

So basically the only "problems" I have with iTunes 7 is related to video files. Music and podcasts work great.

Cheers.

I have that same lag problem for my 60 gb ipod video. I am using regular itunes 7.0 too!