Did you finally give up on Album art?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AmazingDM

I quit fooling with itunes for a long while cuz I was so obsessed with getting album art for each album.. Now it seems pointless

unless there is an easy way to accurately get album art for all your songs?

paulmarshall

I just highlighted the songs> Get info and in another window i would have Google image search open and just drag and drop a suitable image over. A bit time consuming but not too tricky

yinyang

Retired
if you use a Mac then Clutter will get most, otherwise google images for the rest.

out of over 6000 tracks, i have 143 without artwork, and they're probably podcasts or audiobook type files.

derring do

I have over 10,000 tracks, and finding images at Amazon (mostly) and through Google, along with properly genre-dizing (?) the songs was how I spent my first several weeks in iTunes. A lot of time invested, but I'm happy I did it.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
I give iTunes one chance, and if it doesn't get it, I go see if the songs are in iTunes, if it is, I may tweak tags a bit and try one more time. If it doesn't, I head on off to buy.com, if I find the album, I get he nice large image provided, if they don't have it, I'm off to Google images and find a 300X300 minimum image to add to the files.

I'm pretty mainstream, so the majority of what I want get's downloaded from automatic album art download in iTunes.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Almost all of the music I get these days is from iTunes, so of course it comes with the album art. As I've said elsewhere, one of the trade-off "convenience factors" with buying the music from the iTunes Store.

I've pretty much given up on having a complete set of album artwork, however, since I still have a lot of random "single" tracks lying around that aren't even really associated with any albums, or are not mainstream enough to easily find the album art. I tend to only worry about album artwork for those tracks where I actually have the full album.

paranoidxe

If its from my CDs it has album art, if its from iTunes Store it has album art, if its from somewhere else it has NO album art..

I kind of use it as a quality control, I really don't go out of my way for it it just wastes space IMHO.

DarkenVampirE

studogvetmed said:
I give iTunes one chance, and if it doesn't get it, I go see if the songs are in iTunes, if it is, I may tweak tags a bit and try one more time. If it doesn't, I head on off to buy.com, if I find the album, I get he nice large image provided, if they don't have it, I'm off to Google images and find a 300X300 minimum image to add to the files.

I'm pretty mainstream, so the majority of what I want get's downloaded from automatic album art download in iTunes.
I exactly do the same thing,,,artwrorks are pretty cool and so fun to see em while playing your music i have an artwork for every song in my list and video!!!

Dim

Website
www.lemires.com
Yes, I also do almost exactly the same thing as studogvetmed. I give iTunes a chance, change tags if necessary. If it still doesn't get it, I hit buy.com or walmart.com to find a hi-res art. Last resort is google images.

For some reason there's the occasional album that won't download the art even though it's in iTunes and tagged exactly the same way. (eg. The Killers Sam's Town)

I do embed the art in each song to make sure it's always available regardless of the playback method.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
I Love buy.com, much better for good art than amazon, though amazon often has more than buy.com, but the art is subpar. Never tried wal-mart. May check them out too.

I've had issues with iTunes where everything is perfect and it insists on loading down the "single" artwork for a song from a certain album and not the actual album art for the entire album I had. This happened for the BRMC's second album. Had to get it from buy.com ;)

paulmarshall

jhollington said:
Almost all of the music I get these days is from iTunes, so of course it comes with the album art. As I've said elsewhere, one of the trade-off "convenience factors" with buying the music from the iTunes Store.

I've pretty much given up on having a complete set of album artwork, however, since I still have a lot of random "single" tracks lying around that aren't even really associated with any albums, or are not mainstream enough to easily find the album art. I tend to only worry about album artwork for those tracks where I actually have the full album.
I found a nice pic of a vinyl record to add to songs that don't belong to an album etc.

I need a life.