Did I do this correctly? (deleting songs from iPod)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bat-Hound

I finally figured out that the reason my iPod was showing more titles than my iTunes was because when I deleted a playlist from the iPod source in iTunes, it wasn't deleting the songs themselves, but merely the playlist. I searched these forums, but didn't really come up with the answer I was looking for (how to find and delete the extra songs off the iPod), but I did try nosing around the iPod_control folder to no avail.

Eventually, I went back into iTunes, selected the iPod from the source window and tried double-clicking. Lo and behold, another window opened up with a list of every song sitting on the iPod. I went thru the list, deleting the titles I knew to be either dupes or unwanted, and eventually got the iPod count to match the iTunes count.

This seems to have done the job, but I'm still a bit paranoid that I may have done something (or mucked around somewhere) that I shouldn't have. So... did I do what I was supposed to do correctly? Has anyone else gone this route?

Thanks!

badkitty

i just do everything in iTunes and then just plug in the iPod and update it --- so are you saying that my iPod wont see that i deleted songs from iTunes and hold on to them?

(havent had the need to delete anything yet...so im just wondering...)

dcmacnut

Website
www.redwildshow.com
badkitty said:
i just do everything in iTunes and then just plug in the iPod and update it --- so are you saying that my iPod wont see that i deleted songs from iTunes and hold on to them?

(havent had the need to delete anything yet...so im just wondering...)
As long as you have your iPod set to manual sync, it will retain songs. However, on autosync, your iPod always mirrors what's in your iTunes library. So if you delete a song from iTunes, it will be deleted on the iPod the next time you sync.

Chris