Did buying an iPod influence you to get more music?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DJ Mauler

well atm its having the opposite effect all my music and current music buying that has propted me to think about an ipod, mini is the flavor atm but i might just get a photo.

Vindicated

I N F I N I T E
bdb said:
A new song every week or so isn't much - that's why so many of us have hundreds of songs. It'd take years to get that many at one per week.
Yeah, but compared to buying a CD once a month or two, this is much faster. I have a wider range of music now because of my iPod. Its just more accessable.

tulsagentleman

Geriatric Lounger
Based on Dragfree's recommendation I bought Jennifer Warnes "Famous Blue Raincoat" collection of Leonard Cohen songs, Very nicely done, I must admit. I was taken with the lead guitar on the first track and when I looked at the liner notes saw it was Stevie Ray Vaughn. Clearly we were off to a good start. Her version of Raincoat made the hair on my forearms stand up. I have Joe Cocker singing "Bird on a Wire" and would not have fecognized Warnes version as the same song.

Jennifer is a singer that I have not properly appreciated before. She has a wonderful vocal instrument. I am always so grateful when I can understand the lyrics to a song, and Cohens intelligent lyrics need to be heard clearly. Very nice, thanks Dragfree. If you would like to email me, we could chat off line.

tulsagentleman

Geriatric Lounger
When I first got my 40gb iPod last October I ripped my collection of about 450 CDs into iTunes and had room to spare. Shortly afterwards I discovered allofmp3.com and decided to fill in some of the gaps in my collection of classical music. I found a very interesting list of the 200 essential classical recordings on kusc.org and used that as the basis for adding to my collection. In the process of adding these recordings I discovered others that were new to me and quickly filled up my iPod.

If you enjoy classical music, look at: http://www.kusc.org/The_Classical_Top_200.shtml

Daniel CR

yes....

i had never thought about my ipod in that way...

ever since I got it, I listen to new music all day

toothpaste

I have a few thousand records, hundreds of dj mix tapes, stacks of cd's that grow daily. iTunes just gave me a new toy to play with. But the ipod encouraged me to get more and more. Being a music junkies I'm always on the hunt for new music and MORE music. I have ripped 4 of my friends entire collections and I realy don't know what to listen to. The more I get the harder it is to decide whtat I want to listen to. Now all i have to do i get my records in digital form and I'll have way more than I can listen to thru continuously for months. The ipod just gave me a way to carry a small fraction of that music around with me.

tulsagentleman

Geriatric Lounger
Some of us probably need a 12 step program for our addiction to collecting music. Sounds like you have it pretty bad. I have to admit that I have CDs that I have never listened to, or at least tracks that I haven't listened to. As long as the rent gets paid and the kids get fed....

sactorocker

Website
www.myspace.com
True!

I started with like 430 songs

Now i have 3643!

I think it is a tad bit of an influece!

I also found nifty ways of getting music free and legal!

melsmusic

Oh a BIG yes to that. Heaps more CD gifts, music downloads and of course this lead to a whole wonderful new range of genre's and artists which I may not have bothered with before.

Johnnybatters

I would like to see the sales numbers of CDs before the release of the Ipod boom (and other MP3 players) and after the Ipod boom. They have to be selling a lot more CDs now than before.
I think people are slowing moving away from the free music online.

Also, for now I'm only buying five CDs a week now. That's a lot less then when I first got my mini.

SuPeRiD

before i had my ipod I had around 200 songs, now I have 1670 songs which the number is still risin and i listen to all of 'em! :D

2-D Smokina Cig

I <3 Damon Alburn
I was never a fan of BUYING albums... But now since i have an iPod photo i can't wait to import hem to iTunes and get the CD cover viewable on my iPod through amazon.

Ironhorse

LeifErikson owns you
Yes, Once I bought my ipod, I realized I had to expand my music tastes.